V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the nice HD tool bag for the front fork. I got it below my headlight now. The problem is when I ride, the wind blows open the middle of the bag. (I lost my garage remote yesterday) Is there something I can do to keep it closed? tried velcro, no luck. Any ideas? I really don't like it above my headlight either. But I still think it will come open up there too.
thanks alot.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Home Depot. get a strip of aluminum 1/2 inch wide cut to length of bag, and use some genuine HD chrome screws to fasten it along the inside of the lid at the front. That way, it wont flex in the center.

·
Registered
322 Posts
been runin a pops doyle built 8"roll for 3 yrs no problem.(check how its attatched and make sure the straps are even) try stitchin the velcro in place, some lighter grade(read ounce count) leather does not have the rigidity to stay put, ya may need to put a form inside,say maybee plastic jug cut to hold form?? ride hard cb

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put some new holes in the starps to make it close tighter and it helped alittle. I will be doing what you siad drduece, that sounds like a great idea.
Thanks alot.

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far so good with the new holes in the strap.
I hear ya markfatboy.............I don't carry any tools in it........just my clear glasses and garage opener. Harley's don't need no stinkin' tools..............

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
SoCalHarley...."Harleys don't need no stinking tools?" WHAT MODEL DO YOU RIDE? I have 2, and both have a set of tools.. now, fix that bag... and where in so cal are you from?

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Dr Duece,
Yeah, I carry tools too. I bet you have helped more people fix their bike on the road with your tools than your own. I have. Most were from So Cal.:brows:
Everybody ride safe.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I've never ridden my shovel without plugs and tools. After three years on the Twinkie, the only time's I've gotten them out were for other shovel riding buddies.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
LittleBear said:
Dr Duece,
Yeah, I carry tools too. I bet you have helped more people fix their bike on the road with your tools than your own. I have. Most were from So Cal.:brows:
Everybody ride safe.

lmao thats funny maybe you should go into the chopper repair business, hehe

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
I had the same problem, so I just stuck on 2 pieces of
1/2"W x 5"L strip of mushroom head velcro. One strip on the bag and the other on the flap. Freeway ride doesn't blow it up at all.
They are already adhesive backed, but just to add more adhesion, I slapped on some clear adhesive, and let it set over night. Works purfy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts