V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New poster here....

The front brakes on my 98 Wide Glide SUCK! I want to upgrade to something good enough to keep me out of trouble, even when riding two-up.

I don't care about brand names: I do care about durability, performance, value, and (of course) looks.

Your suggestions?

Thanks!

Chuck

·
Banned
41 Posts
went to z pads

chuck, i installed the z pads from lyndall on a wgd. have not had to do a panic stop yet, however, i do not like the rear pads action. at low to moderate speed, the rear wheel will lock up quicker than with a HD pad. takes a little getting used to. somewhere there is a website where the z's were tested on a bike and gave shorter stopping distances. do a search. and folks will debate and argue the benefits or lack thereof of braided brake lines. i run the stock ones for now.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woody & Hoot:

thanks for the advice on pads, but I think I need more than that: I think I need to swap the caliper (at least) to something with more oomph, and maybe the rotor, too. My existing rotor is warped so I'll be changing it anyway.

So modifying my post a bit, I'm mostly interested in new caliper / rotor solutions.

Thanks,

Chuck

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
czissman said:
Woody & Hoot:

thanks for the advice on pads, but I think I need more than that: I think I need to swap the caliper (at least) to something with more oomph, and maybe the rotor, too. My existing rotor is warped so I'll be changing it anyway.

So modifying my post a bit, I'm mostly interested in new caliper / rotor solutions.

Thanks,

Chuck
I went with a russell braided line,z-pads and a h-d floating rotor,works great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts