V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although I joined this forum just about a month ago, I finally got the “guts” to place my story here. After spending about 10 years of riding rice rockets (a Kawasaki and then a Honda Turbo), I moved to Atlanta and decided that the traffic was too much for a motorcycle. I changed hobbies from motorcycles to street rods and built a couple. – A 31 Ford roaster and then a 47 Chevy Aerosedan.

As with any city you go to, after being here for 13 years now, I have learned how to get around without using the “freeways” (read that as parking lots!). Thank God, I live on the North side of town, so I can be in the “country” in about 10 minutes.

Well, a street rod friend of mine took a cycle in on trade and didn’t want to keep it, so he called me and said that it would be one that I may be interested in. I drove over (in my street rod, of course) and once I walked in and saw the bike, a 2001 Wide Glide2 - Special edition (1 of about 1,465), red (including the frame) with a tan ostrich leather seat. I walked around it twice VERY CAREFULLY to look at all of the details, asked him to start it, I listened to the Python3 pipes for about two minutes and then reached in my pocket, pulled out my street rod keys and said I’d swap keys right now. I was in LOVE! A couple of hours later he called me and said he would.

That was December 2nd and I have ridden it EVERYDAY it’s been over 45 degrees! – (New rider syndrome!) Next year, I’m sure that my limit will rise to a warmer temperature. Although I’ve ridden many years on *** bikes, it’s nothing like a Harley! (But, I don’t have to tell you that!) It’s not just a sport, you become one with the bike.

I’m enjoying the forum and thanks to all of YOU for making it a fun place to go look everyday. I always leave here with a smile!
:D

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Gorgeous bike! Welcome!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome, great lookin' bike.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Put my money down on one of those, but decided a Fatboy was for me. (IF you know what I mean?) Very nice bike!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sweet ride!!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome

:cool: Very sharp looking bike. I know you have to be loving it. Lots of good riding Just North of Atlanta.:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
:D Welcome!

Great story and a really nice ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
215 Posts
That is a great looking bike, I know about the new rider syndrome I have had mine now for 22 days and I am loving it. I have riden every chance that I get the chance. Have even been caught in the snow once already, HAHA.:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh very nice that is my favorite factory Custom FXDWG-2, very nice indeed and the gold on the tank is real 24K gold leaf. I like this one much better than the FXDWG-3, just could get into the blue or the black.

Enjoy and I am guess we won't see too many posts once the weather starting turning nice.

But welcome to the board,

Dave

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Gorgeous bike!!! Wow!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.