V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
What did I do now?
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this?

I have an 05 Ultra and I have the SE 95" Stage 1 and want to go to the SE 103" kit. Can I expect to get by without new pistons, cylinders, and air cleaner assembly, or will they insist on the piston and cylinders? I have about 4000 miles on the 95" build (barely broke-in). What will the cost be about?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Pretty sure the 103" uses different pistons.
I wouldn't waste the money on a 103" myself.
Do a higher output 95" is my plan.
I'm having my existing 95" jugs bored .010 over with higher compression,cams and ported heads.
If you do go stroker why stop at 103'' ? when 117",120" or 124" kits are out there for about the same money.
There's no substitute for cubic inches so if you're going to the expense if splitting the cases and swapping out the crank kit might as well go bigger.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
same bore, but requires stroker pistons to be a 103.
Need new pistons and rings so just get the cylinders honed and move on.
Do not need new cylinders.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
air cleaner assy should be the same if it's a s/e or equiv. unless t/b is being changed which i doubt

·
What did I do now?
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have "the" HD 95 BB kit. The bike is basically new. I noticed the 103 kit comes with new pistons, cylinders, crank/flywheel/rods, camshafts, cylinder heads and aircleaner assy.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Biker Bry said:
Has anyone done this?

I have an 05 Ultra and I have the SE 95" Stage 1 and want to go to the SE 103" kit. Can I expect to get by without new pistons, cylinders, and air cleaner assembly, or will they insist on the piston and cylinders? I have about 4000 miles on the 95" build (barely broke-in). What will the cost be about?
You will need stroker pistons $280 a pair

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Biker, The kit is for people going from 88" to 103". If you are already at 95" and bought the H-D kit, then you do not need all the parts from the 103" kit.
Have the dealer look up the parts list for both kits, compare the parts you already have and buy only what you need.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
bigoscycles said:
You can get just as much HP and TQ from the 95" I wouldn't waste the money. My 95" kit is 103 HP
*TIBS* *TIBS* *TIBS* *TIBS*
Whats your torque, where's your dynos
Can you beat 112/121

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Biker Bry, you don't want a fussy highly tuned 95" engine on your heavy Ultra. If you want more power than a mild to mid 95 incher, the stroker will make an easy to live with paskage.

·
What did I do now?
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Milehog said:
Biker Bry, you don't want a fussy highly tuned 95" engine on your heavy Ultra. If you want more power than a mild to mid 95 incher, the stroker will make an easy to live with paskage.
I agree with you. I like to keep the HD stuff on the level at least until I get a new one or the factory warranty goes away.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
bigoscycles said:
Just goto their web site, it has several dyno sheets posted.
I went to their website. The point I was making is that Dyno's can be tweaked to sell a product or service (such as cyclerama) That's why I don't take them seriously. By the way, the 103's did better than the 95's.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Chuck.....

...I was happy with Indian Rick's tuning, but he did not use SAE corrections, in my case. Might inflate your results, too.

jmho

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, I agree more inches are better (or my wife says that anyway:harhar: :harhar: ) but I don't think he's wanting to blow everyones doors off either. I'm just saying I think he could save money and make the 95" do what the basic 103" is going to do. By the way, I'm still waiting the qoute for me to do 131". You can never have to much power!!!

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
drdevon said:
...I was happy with Indian Rick's tuning, but he did not use SAE corrections, in my case. Might inflate your results, too.

jmho
Some say 3-4% some say no :dunno: I haven't seen a side by side comparrison.
It will smooth the graph and make it easier to read but may not be as accurate. It really doesn't matter as every dyno and operator can get you a different reading whether intentional or not. The only real purpose of the dyno is to compare the effect of the tuning adjustments

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
My current 95 build came in at 102 hp. Buying a new bike and looking at what to do next. Just wondered how maintenance free the 103 builds have been. Like someone else said, don't want a race bike that has to be worked on every time it's run.

It still seems that after 90, it's about a $100 a horse.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts