V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

My first Harley was an 1988 Sporty back in 1988 when I was in the Army. I have since ventured to the "Dark Side" and owned a bunch of different Sportbikes. (I am the current owner/webmaster of Sportbike World at http://www.sportbikeworld.com ) Lately I have been drooling over the Fat Boy and hope to be able to put a down payment on one sometime this summer.

Great group you have here David. I hope to become a contributing member. (And soon an advertiser for my Harley coffee mugs)

P.S. So many Sportbike Riders hate Harley's and Harley Riders hate Sportbikes. My take on the matter is as long as you are on two wheels and having fun, that is all that matters. We have enough problems fighting with the cages and politicians to fight with each other. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
>So many Sportbike Riders hate Harley's and Harley Riders hate Sportbikes.

Gee and I thought my FXDXT WAS a sportbike ... what the heck does H-D mean by that "Sport" designation anyway, "doesn't handle quite as bad as a Fat Boy"? (kidding of course ... ;-)

Personally I think people oughta ride what they like. If I was rich, I'd own several bikes - a little bit of everything.

My family and friends ride all sorts of bikes - American, Italian, Japanese, German. Fun to ride with them, fun to swap bikes for an hour and fun to get mine back.

Welsome to the group! You may have a hard time selling Harley coffee mugs thougfh, 'cause that's how we use our old pistons after getting the big bore ... ;-)

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome aboard Coffee Mugz

I totally agree with you...as long as you are on two wheels feeling the wind, that is all that matters!

Although this is a Harley forum, we welcome ALL riders here. I too once owned a metric rocket and eventually switched over. Alot of people looking into buying a Harley want information and questions answered before spending their nest egg on the purchase.

We have a BUNCH of seasoned riders with a wealth of knowledge that are all willing to share with others.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for helping to support the site!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum coffee mugz. I'm still in the Army after 26 years (a real gluton for punishment ;) What did you do in the Army and where have you been stationed? I think Dave pretty well summed up the predominate attitude here at this forum. Mostly a mature experienced group with a lot of miles on all types of bikes. All are welcome here, the only requirement I know of is you have to be a motorcycling enthusiast and have a sense of humor! Pretty light hearted most of the time. Again welcome and hope to see your posts here often.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doc,

I was an 18E - SF Communications Sergeant with the 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) based out of Stuttgart, Germany. (Attached to the HHB 8th Infantry Division Mech in Baumholder, Germany which is now deactivated)

Did a TON of travelling. ;)

Glad to be a part of harleydavidsonforum.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts