V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8-Ball said:
Well... I like it... a lot.

How did you go about it and how much did it cost.
THANKS!

Purchased Covington Cycles 3 degree raked triple trees. I know how everyone dislikes raked trees but the 3 degrees still keeps the trail in check.

Bike is actually more stable at speeds over 55 now.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I like the subtle look of it, very classy bike...How much is that lowered? About 1 1/2 2 inches it looks anyway....

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TXCHOP said:
I like the subtle look of it, very classy bike...How much is that lowered? About 1 1/2 2 inches it looks anyway....
Your'e about right closer to 2 inch drop front and rear.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
very nice... Makes the bike look stretched out, sleek etc, yet suttle to the casual cager/onlooker.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
That is very sweet! I was looking into using the 3* trees on my Heritage. After discussing the mods I wanted to do to it, the wife told me I should just buy another bike and give her the Heritage! Mean wife!! I now have a Night Train that I'm working on. After seeing your bike, I might still do the trees on the Heritage.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
looks cool

The rake job looks real nice. By the way...for some reason your bikes factory paint is one of my all time favorites. Sweet!

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
The rake does look nice! Must be a sign. I was wondering how trees might work out on my bike earlier today. Good job!

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
bimmer10 said:
Here is a before and after pic of my 96' Fatboy with a 3 degree rake. Thanks!

Sweeet!!

What's the $$$???

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Cost of the trees were $599.00. If you go to Covington's website they are still listed at 699.00 so I suggest calling them if you plan to order.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tx_Outlaw said:
That is very sweet! I was looking into using the 3* trees on my Heritage. After discussing the mods I wanted to do to it, the wife told me I should just buy another bike and give her the Heritage! Mean wife!! I now have a Night Train that I'm working on. After seeing your bike, I might still do the trees on the Heritage.
My mean wife must be related to yours. She complained about riding as a passenger with me so I had to get her a sportster..... NICE!

Here is her Sporty.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
That's a sharp looking Sportie! I like the wide white's with the red highlights on the wheels. Very nice!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts