V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all,

15 yrs of riding croch rockets and I'm finely ready to step up to the big V-TWIN. I hope this is a good place get some much needed info about the do's & don'ts of these mechines in particular I'm thinking of the 07 Iron Horse Slammer. I've been scanning the board and have not seen very much if any comments on the bike or any bikes in the same class hope that's not a bad thing.

All comments and info will be appreciated

Thanks Walt

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
:welcome: I would go rent a few HDs first before you jump into a custom build. You might like it better, or not. Many of these home made HDs are trouble. Check around for uead value, many do not hold thier value as well as an HD, which doesn't do that great right now either.

Also do your homework about the specific engine that is in there. Certain builds are not getting rave reviews. You knew that, that is why you asked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
route66paul said:
:welcome: I would go rent a few HDs first before you jump into a custom build. You might like it better, or not. Many of these home made HDs are trouble. Check around for uead value, many do not hold thier value as well as an HD, which doesn't do that great right now either.

Also do your homework about the specific engine that is in there. Certain builds are not getting rave reviews. You knew that, that is why you asked.

Good point ty for the reply

Walt

·
Registered
43 Posts
You'll find that choppers handle horribly and have loads of teething problems, especially electrical problems as a rule. Ride a few and some stock harleys before you make up your mind unless style is your only concern....
CTCruiser said:
What's up all,

15 yrs of riding croch rockets and I'm finely ready to step up to the big V-TWIN. I hope this is a good place get some much needed info about the do's & don'ts of these mechines in particular I'm thinking of the 07 Iron Horse Slammer. I've been scanning the board and have not seen very much if any comments on the bike or any bikes in the same class hope that's not a bad thing.

All comments and info will be appreciated

Thanks Walt

·
Premium Member
520 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My best friend's Big Dog has been in the shop for warranty and non-warranty repairs more than it's been on the road! Good thing he has a couple of harleys too....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts