V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Story, I have rode cycles of all sorts since I was 7. Then I did the marriage / kids thing. In 1984 I thought we were in the position to buy a bike but when I informed the lil Mrs. I was buying a Harley she said if it comes home we are DIVORCED! 1 week later I rode in on a 81 Lowrider. To make a long story short I now ride a 97 Ultra and she all 115 pounds rides a 98 Heritage. The kids are gone and we have been married for 24 great years. Now the FREEDOM part,, I have been a member of A.B.A.T.E. of Minnesota since 1988 and also the State Rally Co-chair for A.B.A.T.E. If any of you think for 1 minute that your right to ride just happened your fools! It has taken alot of hard work and sweat and money by people in a M.R.O ( Motor Rights Org ) to get those FREEDOMS for you. Please consider becoming a member of one in your state. For those in and close to Minnesota come to our State Rally Labor Day weekend in Regal Minnesota and stop by Lake Chapters Tent. Ask for Vinnie and I will come welcome you to a great event. to check us out click on > www.abatemn.org . till then thanks for letting me post this.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see both you and wife enjoying your bikes together. We welcome both of you to the forum and how about some stories of experiences that you and your wife have had over the years with motorcycles? Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum,machohorn!

I think most members here realize freedom ain't free,hats off to folks like you who keep the wheels turning!!

I recently celebrated 25 years of marriage,congrats to you & your wife for 24! The family that rides together, stays together.

Post when you get a chance,we could use your input.
guido

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Machohorn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In some years I have rode my bike to work every month of the year ,, It may have been only 1 day but still I got to ride, (35 miles 1 way). Last year I put over 11.000 miles on my bike while my wife ( only 2nd year ridin by herself) put on over 5.000.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Alright!! Way to go with all those miles -- 11,000? Cool! 35 miles (one way) will rack up some serious time on your bike and it sure beats paying for 8 cylinders. Sure wish I could get my wife to ride (her own bike).

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
cox9000 said:
Sure wish I could get my wife to ride (her own bike).
My Bride won't even ride with me!:mad:Can also be a good thing. She did mention last night of a RoadKing for sale that his sister is onto. When I asked her to get more info, she did'nt hesitate when I said that it would be something we BOTH could ride. (Plus she can have the Sporty if she chooses:D)

·
Registered
695 Posts
fourhour,
You're lucky that your wife rides. If my wife could ride her own bike we could take the kids with us. I did at one time think about a side car but that thought didn't last long. Right now I'm just glad my wife will hop on the back -- it took awhile to get to this point.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
My wife rides with me frequently even though her brother was killed on a motorcycle several years ago. Run over by some drunk who was never caught. Running from the police.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, machohorn. We appreciate the long work and dedication. I'm lucky that my girl will ride with me(after I get my RoadKing).....now, if I could only talk my mom into just once riding with me. Thanks and post often. J.T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts