V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Live Free or Die
Joined
·
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe my head is in the sand, but is anybody even talking about that guy?

Obama wants to raise taxes (there's a shock)
The Clinton's old campaign contributor is in trouble (there's a shock)
Romney continues to be an idiot (there's a shock)
McCain continues to stumble (there's a shock)


People talked about how Thompson was the 900-lb gorilla in the room. Why? He's a non-issue as far as I am concerned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,069 Posts
I think there are a lot of Democrats who don't even like Clinton so they may be looking at Rudy since he's seems to be more in the middle, which I think is helping him. Thompson may have a lot of skeletons in his closet from his younger days since he is a celebrity and some may be scared to support him in case something embarrassing pops up.
 

·
Live Free or Die
Joined
·
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap, that website makes me think! I grew up in "Cow Hampshire", public education at that.. don't raise the bar so quickly on me.
 

·
Live Free or Die
Joined
·
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smokey said:
I think there are a lot of Democrats who don't even like Clinton so they may be looking at Rudy since he's seems to be more in the middle, which I think is helping him.

Yikes. :ymca: :ymca:

If three marriages, pro-abortion, and shaky gun ownership views don't crush him with the Republican base then "the times are a changing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,069 Posts
HiAngle said:
Yikes. :ymca: :ymca:

If three marriages, pro-abortion, and shaky gun ownership views don't crush him with the Republican base then "the times are a changing.
Yeah, Rudy is really a Democrat.
 

·
Average Dude
Joined
·
6,263 Posts
HiAngle said:
Yikes. :ymca: :ymca:

If three marriages, pro-abortion, and shaky gun ownership views don't crush him with the Republican base then "the times are a changing.
Puhleassssss don't use the term "Pro-Abortion". Pro-choice DOES NOT mean we are pro abortion!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,710 Posts
Smokey said:
Thompson may have a lot of skeletons in his closet from his younger days since he is a celebrity and some may be scared to support him in case something embarrassing pops up.
All right Smokey, what do you know that we don't??:unsure:
 

·
<><
Joined
·
3,971 Posts
Of course you are! There's only one specific "choice" being referred to.. and it's abortion. :wacko:

Further -- abortion is nothing more than a way of avoiding the consequences of one's actions. 95% of the time abortions are a means of birth control, and a sick one at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,460 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
Of course you are! There's only one specific "choice" being referred to.. and it's abortion. :wacko:

Further -- abortion is nothing more than a way of avoiding the consequences of one's actions. 95% of the time abortions are a means of birth control, and a sick one at that.
@gree: @gree: @gree:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Puhleassssss don't use the term "Pro-Abortion". Pro-choice DOES NOT mean we are pro abortion!!
I'll go with that as long as you don't do a Feinstein and call me Anti-Choice because I'm Pro-Life. Being Pro-Life doesn't mean we've not considered the whole issue of personal choice.

Just sayin'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Fred has not been introduced to the electorate, IMO that was a smart move, we'll see. Now that fall is settling upon us and people will start to look at the Primaries. Fred will appear to have been around as long as everyone else.

In a related story, Newt has apparently said that he will jump in the race in October if an exploratory committee can give him 30 million dollars. He has repeatedly said that no one can match the money that Mitt has to spend from his own pocket and thinks that running against him is useless. Apparently he's now put a pricetag on useless: 30 mil.


Here is the upcoming debate schedule, decide for yourselves if it's "too late" or if that really is just media hype:

September 27, 2007 - Baltimore, Maryland
PBS will host a Republican debate in Baltimore, Maryland, at Morgan State University.
Candidates Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain, are unlikely to attend, but event organizers say that the debate will occur on schedule. As to whether or not Fred Thompson goes to the debate is still up in the air, although his spokespeople have said he will go.

October 9, 2007 - Dearborn, Michigan
CNBC and The Wall Street Journal will host a Republican debate in Dearborn, Michigan, at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center.

October 21, 2007 - Orlando, Florida
The Florida Republican Party and Fox News Channel will host a Republican debate in Orlando, Florida.

November 6, 2007 - Ames, Iowa
MSNBC will host a debate at Iowa State University.

November 28, 2007 - St. Petersburg, Florida
CNN will hold this debate, which will have a simulcast on CNN en Español. Internet services YouTube and Google will also participate, allowing them to stream the event live and have clips for future use. Individuals will be able to submit questions in video form via YouTube and maybe non-video questions via Google and CNN.com.
At first, only John McCain and Ron Paul had agreed to debate. Later, Mike Huckabee announced his participation.
Several candidates cited scheduling conflicts with the original date, September 17, 2007, so it was re-scheduled. Then all of the invited Republican candidates agreed to participate except Mitt Romney, who has vocally disapproved of the format.

January 10, 2008 - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Fox News will host the debate at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.

January 5, 2008 - Johnston, Iowa
The Des Moines Register and Iowa Public Television will host a Republican debate in Johnston, Iowa.

January 30, 2008 - Los Angeles, California
The Los Angeles Times and CNN will host a Republican debate in California.


Seems like plenty of time to me.

PS. I think Rudy is riding a media wave simply because the media would love to see the republican party take a sharp left turn. I do not believe he can win the party's nomination. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
DJW said:
November 28, 2007 - St. Petersburg, Florida
CNN will hold this debate, which will have a simulcast on CNN en Español. Internet services YouTube and Google will also participate, allowing them to stream the event live and have clips for future use. Individuals will be able to submit questions in video form via YouTube and maybe non-video questions via Google and CNN.com.
At first, only John McCain and Ron Paul had agreed to debate. Later, Mike Huckabee announced his participation.
Several candidates cited scheduling conflicts with the original date, September 17, 2007, so it was re-scheduled. Then all of the invited Republican candidates agreed to participate except Mitt Romney, who has vocally disapproved of the format.QUOTE]

I smell a rat here.
This looks like a CNN left wing setup to me. Anything and everthing to be twisted and spun out of context and used and re-used by the left for their agenda. I can only imagine the questions and format. Good luck to any participants.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top