V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to vent!
Well it finally happened to me. 8000+ miles and my front rocker box began to leak in the front right corner! Damn-It! I have been hanging on to my Buell pistons, cylinders, and heads for the Thunderstorm conversion and now it looks like its time to break down and get it done! I was just beginning to think that my bike was special and that infamous leak wouldn't happen to me...well...I thought WRONG!!!

Oh well...now I just have to do the Buell 1200 conversion. I will just have to get my wife a card for christmas with a pass for 1 free ride on the new bike...that should count for her Christmas gifts...right? She is getting me the Bassani Pro-Street exhaust...can't wait. Maybe I will give her 2 free rides since she is getting me the pipes too. ****...after all this I will have a completely different motorcycle...almost!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Mine too leaked like that all of a sudden. The paper gasket from the factory had shrunk. I bought the James metal gaskets and put them in. Took me all of about 20 minutes to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts