V-Twin Forum banner

Fox leathers, opinions?

6K views 40 replies 33 participants last post by  Eddie Haskell 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just ordered a vest from Fox Leathers, their site is one of the best and some good recommendations but just wondered what you guys thought.

#3 ·
Recently got one of their Bomber jackets. Like all the feedback on their site says, the weight, quality, attention to detail, etc. is nothing but superb. Only complaint about them is that it's not terribly clear what insert armor to use, or, once you get it (from another vender), how to insert the pieces into the jacket -- took a couple of emails back and forth to straighten out to my satisfaction. Their product, however, is perfection.

#4 ·
i bought a jacket from then a few months ago.... i will never buy from anywhere else... fox creek leathers are HEAVY, durable and very comfortable excellent products!!!! ..... enjoy!!!

#5 ·
Got one of there jackets couple of years ago and I don't know why I waited so long. Also got me a pair of chaps and gloves. Don't think you will be dissapointed. My son is getting ready to order him a jacket too.

#6 ·
Outstanding customer service

I ordered a foxcreek leather classic II jacket last week. It arrived but was too small, so I returned it. They refunded my credit card the following day. I couldn't stop thinking about how nice the quality of the leather and craftsmanship was so I called them back and ordered another jacket and set of chaps this morning:woohoo:
The customer service of this company is the best I've ever dealt with! The only advice I would give you is to order one size larger than you think you need. The jackets are really thick, soft, and well made.
I'm already planning to order a set for the wife.
Ride safe

#7 ·
I had been eyeballing their vented racing jacket for about 2 years after reading so many good things about their stuff.

I finally came off the dime and ordered one last month. Incredible. Not only is this the nicest jacket I have ever owned, it is the nicest one I have ever seen (including Vanson).

Only issue was the jacket wanted to "push up" when I sat on the bike, so I had a local leather shop put in a 2 way zipper. Perfect now.

You just don't see quality like this anymore. For $450. it was nicer than any made in China $600. jacket that Harley sells.

#11 ·
Fox Creek leather's

just as has been posted Fox Creek, makes very good designs, lots of choices, and well-built leather goods. They would be my second choice though, compared to Langlitz! It entirely depends on how much money you want to spend. I've been wearing my Langlitz jacket for over 20 years, and in their case they build every jacket made to measure. personally, I am a big fan of great quality leather goods! Fox Creek in doubt we'll fill your needs, but in this case Langlitz is just better.

#13 ·
Got a pair of gauntlet insulated gloves from Fox Creek. Fantastic quality perfect fit...after one return. Call and talk SIZE with them BEFORE ordering anything. Their product is +A, but their Internet size charts leave things to be desired.

#17 ·
I have had poor experiences with Fox Creek. First jacket I ordered I didn't care for due to the long back. One person there said custom made jackets were not an option, only to find out later that you could get one slightly altered. Second jacket arrived with busted snaps in the lapel. I had to pay for return shipping! Saddlebags that I ordered were the incorrect ones and were shipped in the crappiest box I have ever received. Snaps on vest broke after only a few rides, and workmanship was not acceptable. They said a replacement would take a long time. Always got a different response depending on who you spoke with over the phone.
Also, not all their merchandise is USA made. As you might gather, I wouldn't recommend them.

#20 ·
I have bought quite a bit from Fox Creek. A Classic II jacket, buffalo vest, lined gauntlet gloves, unlined deerskin gloves and some luggage. The wife has jacket, chaps, lined gauntlet gloves. All are top quality. Service has been outstanding. Do recommend that you call and discuss size as you can be surprised by some of the sizing compared with other vendors. Yes, not all there stuff is made in USA, but it is clearly noted on the item. You won't be disappointed!

#21 ·
I've done a fair amount of business with Fox Creek. Saddlebags, a couple jackets, a few pair of gloves, and at least one tool bag that rides on my down tubes.

Their service and return policies are excellent - in fact, if you have a problem and call them, a replacement will be mailed BEFORE you even send back the item to be replaced.

Quality is generally top notch (not Langlitz quality, but gimme a break given price differences...). However, not always. I have a wonderful jacket from them, the leather is superb but the lining is crap. Tore out pockets and fouled zippers almost immediately (and I'm not exaggerating - I mean like the first few days I wore the jacket). (I understand that they had a problem with a supplier at the time, since resolved, but I bought during the period in which they were getting stuff from this supplier.) Having said which, I can send it back at ANY TIME and I know they'll replace free. Yes, I'll have to pay postage to them, I can live with it. I haven't bothered to do so yet, although at some point I probably will. The jacket fits great, is comfortable as heck, and I'm sure would give me as much protection as unarmored leather could be expected to in a close encounter of the asphalt kind.

Bottom line, until I can afford Langlitz (in my next life, maybe), they are my number one choice for any goods they sell.

#22 ·
I didn't know how my VRJ would do in the cold because the liner struck me as a little thin...

Riding home the other night, jacket with a long sleeve t-shirt only; 37 degrees, no problem! I couldn't feel my face when I got home though.

More I wear it, better it gets. I'd never heard about them till I read about them on this here forum.

#23 ·
I have a full set of Fox Creek leathers, best I've ever had. I had to return my first jacket .. no problems Great service , outstanding quality and comfort. Way better than the HD ones I have

#27 ·
I've got a Classic II, chaps, and gloves, and wouldn't consider anyone else's leather (except maybe Stone Lake).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.