V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing foward controls to replace the mid controls on my '04 Dyna Super Glide and was wanting to know if anyone had done this and/or if anyone had some advise before i start. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I just put the Harley forward controls on my '05 Lowrider. Extremely easy, excellant instructions and no problems whatsoever. I did break the pad that goes on the brake pedal though when I put it on - the post that is threaded and accepts the nut is not very strong.

I used an aftermarket shift rod on mine as the one that comes with the kit is pretty cheap looking.

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
I agree w/ LMM. The H-D forward controls are a breeze to install. Just follow the instructions and you should have no issues!!:cheers:

·
Ride It, whatever it is!
244 Posts
Same here, no problem to install. Put them on my '04 Superglide also.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Have them on my 03 Lowrider. Easy to install. I did spend a little extra and got the chrome brake rod. Makes the whole set up look a little better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto with above: I put on a set for my father's dyna a few years ago. I prefer the mid controls with the highway bars set up. Riding motocross for years, I developed a habit for wanting my feet more vertical in a panic situation. That and having 4 places to hang your feet instead of just two is an advantage on longer trips. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
same boat...

I am also looking to install forward controls on my 2004 dyna superglide. I was looking at the instuctions that came with them and am a little confused. Do you have to remove the primary cover to install these? If so......whats involved with that? I am trying to save the $170.00 install quote from the dealer and want to know if its worth the trouble for a non-wrench like me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
==rifireguy== If your instructions say to remove the primaries, you bought the wrong kit.. Thats for '06 dynas, It will work on your bike but, you paid extra for some things you dont need and you didn't get the chrome cover wich you do need. The last numbers on the kit you need should be "-03" sounds like the one you got is "-06"... All in All its a very easy install. Do it your self and save the 'bucks' for some 'bling'....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a set of 2 inch extended forward controls from Kuryakyn on my Dyna Glide. I am well over 6' so the stock forward controls from H-D were still a little to cramped for me. They were quality chromed and easy to install. I would suggest chasing the threads on every chromed piece though before installing from any kit you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.