V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I haven't seen or heard about many problems with the calipers but warped rotors are not too unusual. Maybe check that first. Has the wheel been off lately? Since the caliper is a rigid mount, spacing is critcal for the caliper to rotor clearance.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You don't space the caliper, you space the axle. On the late models you use the hole on the right side and put a tight fitting drill bit thru it and pull the right fork leg flush with the drill bit before you tighten the retainer cap.
The spacing is given by the axle. The left and right spacers are of different lenghts and you don't want to mix them up (don't know that you actually can but you never know).

Wouldn't worry too much about uneven pad wear unless it repeatedly wears the same pad. Since you live near the ocean it might just be the opposite pad binding or corroded on the anti rattle spring. A tiny bit of antiseize on these contact points usually works wonders.

·
Banned
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx ED & Hippo.

I was wondering how I could adjust what is a rigid mounted caliper if that is even the problem. I liked that answer ,It's one of those dont raise the bridge, lower the water type answers.

its quite possible the axle is not installed correctly, only had bike for 6 months,pads were shot when I got it,put a new tyre and pads on then.

later, I go buy some new EBC's and some parts for that evil ***** Sybil, she' once again is exhibiting one of her other personalities.

Funny thing about Sybil is she's such a shallow, superficial ***** that all you need to do is buy her some type of present like a new speedo cable and it makes her happy again for a little while. just like the O.L.!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Clean with brake cleaner

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
CRAP. you got me again.

Yep, the guy who asked that question nine years ago really appreciates your advice now. You are a mechanical genius.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts