V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer called the motor company when I asked this question. Their answer. "Not Yet". I'm sure that will come because they are going to get that question a lot. I ended up buying an 05 VRSCB, but I'm thinking I'll powdercoat it black because I do like the look of that black denim Night Rod . . but I don't like the mid controls.
Steve

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
i just had the dealer install fwd controls on my vrscd they just got all the parts seperate i think from an a ,don't forget toorder the rh frame piece as the vrscd does not have the mount for a master cylinder.also i have heard of guys setting up for both mid and forward but i don't know how they will do the hydraulics for the rear brake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mid-Sport Windshield for VRSCD

Hello to evey one, I'm looking for a windshield for my night rod any one knows wereto find one at good price? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
pigdog2 said:
Yes people are putting on FWD controls on the NR. I plan on doing it when I get one. And I dont know why they call them Mid controls when they are so far back. It should be called rear controls. Also check out :
www.v-rodforums.com/forums/
do a search.
I just finished the shifter side install on an '06 Night Rod to include forward control. Here is what you will need:
33757-01A Shifter Lever Assembly - Stock from a V-Rod "A"
33758-01 Shifter Rod - Stock from a V-Rod "A"
42584-01 Clevis, Foot Peg Ride - Stock from a V-Rod "A"
New Shifter Peg if you cannot remove the old one or a bored with it
Loctite or equal
1 1/2" long SS bolt (8mm I think) that fits thru the current / rear shifter rod pivot point if you want to use / keep the mid-mount shifter too.

Cost: About $120 from an HD dealer for parts

Tools:
Metric hex wrench set
Bandaides if above slips!
Never forget the loctite or equal

Time to install: < 30 minutes
Difficulty: Relatively easy

Biker Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts