V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a set of forward controls for my 77 sportster. Something easy to install and light on the wallet.

Any help is appreciated,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
77seph said:
I'm looking to buy a set of forward controls for my 77 sportster. Something easy to install and light on the wallet.

Any help is appreciated,
-Mike
a guy last year bought a set of forwards for his 82ish iron head they were from "preston" I think they came through custom chrome or jp cycle they are half the price of HD or real close meat

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
I have a set on my 77 (see thread link). Got them for about 150$ from a local indy. I won't claim that they are the nicest in the world, but you don't have many options. You either get the 150$ jobs or you spend 600$ on something that's overkill in my opinion.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70505

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fish-head, think you could e-mail me the pictures?

I grabbed a pair off ebay a while back, but you'd have to be Michael Jordan to use them. Not only did I have to lock my knees, but I couldn't reach the pedals. Just mocked 'em up and sent 'em back as soon I saw they wouldn't work.

Are these something you had made or are commercially available?

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
GoldFever said:
I have a set for my 83 XLH. Came with my bike dont like them and never put them on. I will get rid of them.
I have an '81 XLH and I'd like to put some forwards on it.... How much do you want for your set??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts