V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone had a safe evening to start off the New Year!

Going to have to do some maintenance to the web site to accomplish the following:

1) Move website to another hosting plan. Bandwidth usage is too excessive on current plan. Going to have to upgrade, again.

2) Disk space storage is at max capacity. I cannot receive ANY emails or save anything of size to the current drive. Since the website is operating on a MYSQL database, message posts are unaffected. I am just being charged for going over my limit as it accumalates. However, as punishment and an incentive to start pruning the drive, I can receive NO EMAIL as it will not save.

Luckily, the host that we are currently on is extremely reliable and we will continue to use them. The website will go down this evening at 9 pm CST and will come back up sometime TOMMORROW or EVEN POSSIBLY FRIDAY.

If you find this website of great benefit and use to you, please click the PAYPAL DONATE button. Although we receive donations from our members, a large majority of the monthly hosting bill is still coming from my pocket.

If you have already donated, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year

dp

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey David, have you considered wipeing everything out in excess of 6 months or so? That should save ya some $$$.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
David, once again thanks for the greatest HD site period. What does it cost in time and money to run a site like this ?? I know I don't have a clue and if members knew maybe they would be more inclined to donate. How much have you spent over the life of the forum ??? If it is none of my business I understand. I also noticed we have lots of members that do not participate, maybe Jimmy is right any thing older than 6 months should be erased. I notice we all start topics that have been covered before instead of searching for existing discusions anyway.

Thanks again
mark

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
:eek: You got FIRE?

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
JimmyK said:
:eek: You got FIRE?
I'll trade you for the family recipe for ice!

Hey dave, I got the sweats already! C-c-cold Turkey?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Dave,

I sent in a donation. I know that you arent getting emails at the Admin email, which paypal sends there. So Ill let you know here, that you should have a donation from me.:D

Charlie

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
I have gone back here a few weeks ago and have deleted some of the jokes that I have started.. if u do delete anything could u save the adventure ones.. I enjoy reading the stories..of where people have been... makes like ur riding along with them, and very relaxing ....I have really enjoyed the board, the laughter, the fun, the friends...and will continue... to the greatest board ever....

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
As I am sitting here thinking about this.....oh my gosh! The board could be down until Friday!!!!!! Just what are we supposed to do until Friday???? I'm on a few other boards but they are not the same as this and I will miss the people here! Any ideas out there?? Should we just go through withdrawals or is there another place we could meet?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
thanks dave for all your efforts creating and running this great site.

a couple of days ago, i was searching the site to see if there was a mailing address to send in a donation. (i became a member a couple of mos ago, enjoying every minute, and felt guilty that i should contribute $.) i know paypal is probably the most convenient, but is there a mailing address if we prefer that route?

(i emailed this same question to u last week - i guess u may have not received it.)

thanks again and H N Yr to all.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Also to free up some space, Some boards regulate the size of the file that is attached or have it so people host thier own pictures and use the feature to link to their pictures. I have seen some great pictures on here, and they must take up alot of room.

just my little ole 2ç

Chaz

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
thanks Chaz for the info. (i guess i should have used the forum search like i have for a 100 other topics - i was just using the tool bar buttons for address info.)

congrats on the new FXDWG - (my current dream bike.)

RCB

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
deb93fxlr said:
Should we just go through withdrawals or is there another place we could meet?

Glad you asked! As always, we have prepared the proper backup to accomodate all. The meeting places will be in Texas. We have decided all of the men are meeting at Daves place where he will be showing a number of short films he has compiled at work. Mainly strip search, balls hangin in yer face, turn and cough kind a stuff.

The ladies will all meet at my house and will be serving a variety of TACOS!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
deb93fxlr said:
As I am sitting here thinking about this.....oh my gosh! The board could be down until Friday!!!!!! Just what are we supposed to do until Friday???? I'm on a few other boards but they are not the same as this and I will miss the people here! Any ideas out there?? Should we just go through withdrawals or is there another place we could meet?
We could get some riding time in if you take the next plane out to the Carolinas! I run a shelter for needy Harley babes....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
HDVette said:

We could get some riding time in if you take the next plane out to the Carolinas! I run a shelter for needy Harley babes....:rolleyes:

A true Humanitarian!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts