V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating on switching to chrome fork sliders or using skins. Any opinions?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Personally, I always prefer a chromed part to a cover.
Covers change the lines, not always for the better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMHO, fork covers are cheap looking, they are obviously covers. Chrome lower legs or powder coating are a much better option. Just my opinion,he asked.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Definitely not the skins....cheesy looking IMHO. That is one area that definitely require replacement, not covering...

Tony

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I had those Kuryakyn Fork Skins on my Lowrider. They are crap if you want my opinion. I went ahead and bought a set of chrome fork sliders from Hale's in Ohio for just a little more money than those fork skins. Much nicer set up.

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda figured the skins wouldn't be the way to go. Does Hale's have a website?

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
I added the skins, as it made the narrow glide look beefier. I have never had anybody notice at first glance or in some cases in multiple glances. I like em as when they get chewed up from the road they are easy to replace or even re chrome without loosing riding time. The fork brace that comes with them works well to!

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would I be correct in assuming that getting the stock sliders chromed wouldn't be cost effective?

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
jrehm said:
Would I be correct in assuming that getting the stock sliders chromed wouldn't be cost effective?
No, you would be incorrect........:You can get the stock sliders chromed for about 150 bucks and more than likely have a better finish than the MoCo chrome ones. The MoCo's are usually wavy looking from them not getting polished enough before plating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts