V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how much oil i need to replace in my 2008 V rod right fork. I do not need all the; do this to make it softer or do this to make it harder, thank you. I would just like to know where is the starting point and then i will go from there. I have read a lot of info and cant seem to get a straight answer. Tripps in Amarillo was no help, i guess they do not ever rebuild or fix forks because they told me, " I don't know, you will have to bring it in for a min 95.00 an hour, we will call the manufacture to find out for you". My owners manual was stolen with some other bike stuff awhile back and since all the stuff is printed in China it will take a month or two to get off amazon. Please help me, never been a real big motor gear head kind of guy, I can hold my own. I have all the seals/bushings replaced and the fork oil on hand. Just need to know how much oil to put in the fork.

·
Registered
16,581 Posts
The Harley Service Manual is what you need. The Haynes and Chilton manuals lie to you at the most inopportune moments.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Harley Service Manual is what you need. The Haynes and Chilton manuals lie to you at the most inopportune moments.

Thanks for telling me I need a manual. I ordered one but it wont be here for awhile.

·
not sober all the time
5,523 Posts
Sorry Steven, I don't have a V-Rod or the service manual for one so I won't be any help. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the answer. You may find a forum that has more V-Rod discussion than this one.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Steven, I don't have a V-Rod or the service manual for one so I won't be any help. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the answer. You may find a forum that has more V-Rod discussion than this one.
Not sure where else to go, I thought the a forum with the name vrod was what I needed. I guess not. I guess if your not purchasing something you get no help. Sounds like harley dealership sponsore forum. This is why this was my first and last harley I will ever own. HD does truly stand for hundred dollars after all.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dude, there are people on here that can help. Don't go bashing the site. Sometimes it takes a few days. I just did a quick search for you. 20oz per fork.

·
Registered
16,581 Posts
Not sure where else to go, I thought the a forum with the name vrod was what I needed. I guess not. I guess if your not purchasing something you get no help. Sounds like harley dealership sponsore forum. This is why this was my first and last harley I will ever own. HD does truly stand for hundred dollars after all.
The forum is named "V-Twin". I'm not sure how you get VRod out of that.

The VRod just doesn't have that many followers here. We have quite a few who refuse to admit it's even a Harley since it's water cooled.

May I suggest an actual VRod forum like Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum. I'm sure you can get more help than you'll know what to do with.

I'm also going to recommend a factory Harley manual. The question you ask can be found there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts