V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am lowering my front to match the back of my FXDL I got the Progressive 10-1560 kit. I was looking in my shop manual for fork oil amounts. It says in one section 9.2 oz (cap chart) and in the fork section it says 10.7 oz. Here comes the dumb part it never states that I can see is that per tube or both tubes? I put chrome lowers on two years ago and am thinking I only used 10 or so oz. for both. Anyway that looks like what I drained from both tubes.
I am thinking I was way off ??? oooooops

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
Well I am lowering my front to match the back of my FXDL I got the Progressive 10-1560 kit. I was looking in my shop manual for fork oil amounts. It says in one section 9.2 oz (cap chart) and in the fork section it says 10.7 oz. Here comes the dumb part it never states that I can see is that per tube or both tubes? I put chrome lowers on two years ago and am thinking I only used 10 or so oz. for both. Anyway that looks like what I drained from both tubes.
The difference in capacity between the two sources is most likely the lesser one is for a "wet" fork leg (drained only), and the larger one is for a "dry" fork leg (rebuilt with all the residual oil removed).

The amounts are for each leg.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
I use 10 oz of racetech oil in my fxd,i weigh195,works great.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I bet running that so low as I did made it pretty mushy. So the new springs plus the right amount + SE Oil will really stiffin it up a bit.
Thanks

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
They're talking per fork. I've done the 10.7 give or take since the Low Rider was new 5 years ago. She rides great and hasn't developed a fork seal leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts