V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to the ABATE of Wis. We heard today that Ind. ABATE has around 30,000 members. We heard that when you buy a bike and get a license plate for it. You become a member. Is this true?

I told my regional Rep. I'd find out for him..

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for the link!

Wow that's a lot! Wis. only has 6000 ^rolleyez^

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
WEINERDOGBONE said:
That's not true. When you take the MSF course required for licensing you get a 1 year ABATE membership.
Not exactly correct either. It is not required to take the MSF course but if you do you get a 1 year ABATE membership.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
FATVETTE said:
Not exactly correct either. It is not required to take the MSF course but if you do you get a 1 year ABATE membership.
Well, that's true when I think about it. I took the MSF course to get my endorsement several years ago because they were offering road course tests about once a year and nowhere close to me. So it wasn't mandatory it just seemed that way I guess.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The ride portion of the M/C liscense has traditionally been dificult to get a HD m/c thru. Also, historically it has been a real PITA to get the liscense branch to do the ridden m/c testing. So between that and the fact that you don't need a m/c for the ABATE training class, it has been much easier to take the MRS class to get your m/c liscense than to go thru the DMV. Now, you can even take the written portion of the m/c test thru ABATE, and so now all you have to do is show up at the DMV with your papers, and get the new liscense. But the ABATE class comes with the 1 year memebership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts