V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will stage 2 R&R heads work well with andrews 26's and 95 inch flat tops? What kind of numbers would be expected? thanks.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I already have the andrews 26G's and do not want to change them due to $. I have 2:1 supertrapp supermeg and SE aircleaner. With stock heads I am at 80hp/90tq. I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 diff. heads which include the R&R stage 2's, BigBoyz, AMS being the top 3. I have a set of new take off 06's with 14 miles on them and then the heads I am running know which are pre 05 heads. What year heads work best for the stage 2's? I am more interested in good realiability for a bagger vs peak numbers. thanks.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Yes they would I would need the number on the head to check what cc the chamber is but the head porting itself would work fine with that. Power wise randy got that nailed. Thanks Randy .

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read other places that the R&R stage 2 1/2 with the bigger valves would not be a good match for a bagger with the andrews 26g's is that correct?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
Mtclassic said:
I have read other places that the R&R stage 2 1/2 with the bigger valves would not be a good match for a bagger with the andrews 26g's is that correct?
i would think if you insist on keeping the 26, you would want less head? maybe i should reword that?????????????????????

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
He said he has stage II heads not 2 1/2's so again the stage 2 will work fine with the 26 . Now with increases compression and the 2 1/2 head the 525 or the 37 would be a better match

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HDWRENCH said:
He said he has stage II heads not 2 1/2's so again the stage 2 will work fine with the 26 . Now with increases compression and the 2 1/2 head the 525 or the 37 would be a better match
I don't actually have stage 2's yet but I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of heads and stage 2's are one of my top 3 or 4 choices along with BigBoyz and AMS. I am looking for heads that will work the best with 26's in a touring bike. I put on lots of miles and want heads that will give me the best bang for the buck that work with 95 inch flat tops and 26G's. I have a set of 06 heads with 14 miles on them that I am going to use for cores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts