V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for 2000 and newer model forward control extensions. On the 90's model softail the shift side has a bolt on kick stand, the shift side controls on the 2000 and up softails have the kickstand molded in. When you went to extended controls, do they make something that keeps the kickstand in the correct location, or does it move forward also? If it does, is there any problems with that?
thanks

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I have the Ness 3 inch extensions on my deuce. I haven't had any problem with the jiffy stand being farther forward. Only issue is when the stand is up, it hits the primary case. I fixed this by installing a bigger bumper on the stand.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
nope, there is no problems with it. The kit moves the kickstand and the spring location forward to keep the same geometry. It workd great except making it hard to reach sometimes.

·
Registered
755 Posts
gunnut said:
I have the Ness 3 inch extensions on my deuce. I haven't had any problem with the jiffy stand being farther forward. Only issue is when the stand is up, it hits the primary case. I fixed this by installing a bigger bumper on the stand.
Same deal here... You hit it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I have Kuryakin (spelled right?) on mine, stand works fine...

·
03FXDWG
86 Posts
i just installed some extended forward controls and am dis a search and found this post.

anyone think the shiting got sloppy after extending controls ?

what did you do ?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I installed the ext. kit a couple of months ago on my 2000 standard. It is a little different trying to find it way up there. It also makes the bike lean over further. Overall I like the whole deal. But i would have liked the kickstand to stay in the original position, and I could use about another inch fwd on the controls.

·
03FXDWG
86 Posts
hey moonking,
I agree, you have to get used to putting your feet back up that far on the pegs.

I have a wideglide and the kickstand doesn't move.

I just feel like the shifting feels very loose. . . i liked the way it felt clunkier before i extended the controls ?

i bought mine on ebay. . . so am wondering if maybe someting is wrong ?

greg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your using a stock shift rod that might be some of the problem.
Try an aftermarket shiftrod that has more mass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts