V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 94c4,
Just wonderin' if you purchased one of those ROOF Boxer RO5 helmets, and if so how do you like it? Looks like a real nice helmet to me.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
OldBoy99,

I have not bought it yet.
I am actually trying one now.
A friend lent it to me.
First impression is: Very light and comfy, the visor protects well when the chin-piece is up, holds air pretty well when closed.
Defect: the chin-piece feels very light and I'm not sure if it would hold even in minor impacts (possible cause of injury?). The chin-piece is closed and locked by means of two automatic buttons so structurally is not very solid when closed.
In essence it turns out that the main reason reason why I like this helmet (the "rotating" chin-piece) is also the reason why I'm not so sure about it.

Hope the above helps.
Ciao

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's some great information. This helmet is supposed to be certified to the ECE 22-05 standard. Do you know if this is the latest and most stringent European helmet safety standard?

What do these helmets sell for over there, in UK Pounds? I've found it on-line for about 250 UK Pounds (for the Star model, my favorite) plus 25 to shipping to US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts