V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here changed their stock floorboards over to pegs or know where i can find some pics? I can't stand floorboards but think the bike (deluxe) may look funny with pegs . thanks

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
haksaw88 said:
has anyone here changed their stock floorboards over to pegs or know where i can find some pics? I can't stand floorboards but think the bike (deluxe) may look funny with pegs . thanks
I think your right about the bike looking funny with foot pegs, maybe you just need to get used to them.
One thing about bikes, what i think looks weird other people love so it's really up to you and what you like, Maybe theres some kind of forward controls you can put on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not sure about the driver floorboards but I just bought a 03 RG and one of things I did was to replace the passenger floor boards with pegs. I did that mostly for me and not the passenger though. It gives me another place to put my boots and I like the riding position. Does look different but it grows on you pretty quick. cost at Harley, about $171 so it ain't cheap..

·
Banned
202 Posts
Looks does not equal comfort.

Just remember that you are the person that is making the payments (or paid for) on the bike, insurance, maintenance costs, etc...

Unless you want to have the bike parked next to a bunch of others waiting for a trophy, then who cares what other people think of it.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
When i was shopping for a bike over the past couple months, I was thinking about a Fat Boy but wanted pegs instead of boards. Looked into it and the frame mounts are identical to the Softail Standard/Night Train. So you could take a stock set of Softail controls and stick them on your Deluxe. There shouldn't be a problem. Note, this is all in theory because I ultimately went with a Night Train so I didn't have to research it that far.

Good luck...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, my dealer was saying the same thing. Maybe i'll see if he has a set of cheap stock take-offs laying around that i can have for cheap. That way i can try them and then buy nice forwards if i like it.....that or trade my bike haha

thanks

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Good luck... Note that most forward controls actually move the foot pegs forward about 2-3 inches from the stock location. So if you have short legs, forward controls might not be a viable option. Check before you buy... Enjoy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts