V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've recently heard of a foot throttle fitted to a sportster 'elsewhere' and wondered if anybody knows anything about these? links etc.
A guy I know wants one for a Heritage.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
hmmm.... that would be interesting. I can see it now on mine. Foot clutch and foot throttle. :eek:

I haven't heard of any thing like this for a motorcycle. What would be the advantage of this HH??

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Don't hit the throttle instead of the brake! Just having shoulder surgery I could see why someone "might" want such a product, but if you ask me, if you don't have enough strength to control the throttle, how the hell are you going to perform during a panic maneuver? :)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's riding long miles and doesn't like the twist throttle lock thingy, says they 'is Dangerous'!!!
Personally, I wouldn't use either option. If you're tired you're tired, take a bucking break.....:D

G

·
That's probably from a company that makes things for the handicap.

They modify controls. That foot throttle might be one of them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thealien said:
If your tired turn on the cruise and climb on the back for a rest. The stares you get are priceless.
Specially the ones you get when the handlebars start slapping the tank!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thealien said:
Yes I can !!! I have witnesses
Oh my God!
You, sir, are seriously out of shape :D :D :D :D

I'm reachin' for the credit card.
Time to buy that cruise control kit I thought I'd never need!

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
When I am not screwing around, cruise sure is nice to take your right hand off the throttle on the long rides or while your messing with your jacket or gloves without slowing down. A friend has a picture of me on the back going down the road, I'll try and find it, if not I'll have one taken in the spring. I have taken some good video while cruising 50-60 miles an hour also. I filmed about a half hour of the blue ridge parkway while driving also (twisty scenic 45 MPH road). I'm a nutcase but I have fun !

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Thealien said:
When I am not screwing around, cruise sure is nice to take your right hand off the throttle on the long rides or while your messing with your jacket or gloves without slowing down. A friend has a picture of me on the back going down the road, I'll try and find it, if not I'll have one taken in the spring. I have taken some good video while cruising 50-60 miles an hour also. I filmed about a half hour of the blue ridge parkway while driving also (twisty scenic 45 MPH road). I'm a nutcase but I have fun !
http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/King_Of_The_Hill/khfeisty.wav

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
jockeyshift said:
hmmm.... that would be interesting. I can see it now on mine. Foot clutch and foot throttle.
yea, I can see it now too... :rolleyes: ...I'd prolly bust my a$$ tryin' to take off from a stop on an uphill grade with a set-up like that !!:D

·
Just bad
698 Posts
I don't see why it matters where you put the controls. You'll eventually learn new habits or start using your insurance alot :).

When I first started riding I had a 71 HD 350 Sprint (Italian AMF). It had the kick starter on the left and the foot controls were reversed (rear brake on left, shifter on right). The shift pattern was reversed as well - 1 up 3 down. You just get used to it. Of course at the time I had two dirt bikes (Honda CR125 and a Kawi KX400) with the usual controls. Once in a while I would slip, either nailing the brakes on the dirt bikes when wanting to upshift; worse, upshifting the Harley when wanting rear brakes. Even that last one wasn't bad because I don't use the rear brakes heavily (thank God :D )

·
Registered
688 Posts
Set up my sporty with a right hand shifter. Got used to it real fast, after trying to use the shifter as a brake a few times!! Got rid of a lot of linkage and cleaned up the look alot!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Were'nt Sportys originally right shift, one up, three down?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
fourhour said:
Were'nt Sportys originally right shift, one up, three down?
..yea

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thealien said:
If your tired turn on the cruise and climb on the back for a rest. The stares you get are priceless.
I thought I was the only nut to do that. I sit on the back seat and put my feet up for miles and miles. Stand up on the back pegs and get a good streeeeeeeeeetch in. It's the only place I can do that since I have foward controls and when I stand on them I have to lean fowards against the bars. Also swing my leg over, stand on 1 peg with 1 foot on and 1 in the wind hanggen off 1 side. My buds back way off when I play. Sissies. Stand on yer seat and have some fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts