V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes and dudettes,
I was wondering if'n your bike is FI do you guys pull the fuse on the injector circuit to fog the cylinders before storing the bike away? I fog the sporty's cylinders, but its carbed and easy to do. I've never fogged T.Bagger cuz of the FI. Any opinions, answers, anything?

Thanx, Krayven

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
Hey dudes and dudettes,
I was wondering if'n your bike is FI do you guys pull the fuse on the injector circuit to fog the cylinders before storing the bike away? I fog the sporty's cylinders, but its carbed and easy to do. I've never fogged T.Bagger cuz of the FI. Any opinions, answers, anything?

Thanx, Krayven

I spray some oil in the cylinders and hit the starter for a few second with the coil unplugged before I store it. Never thought of draining the carb to avoid fuel mist in the jugs. It definetely will not hurt to do it though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I do is get the scoot up on the lift , pull the plugs and fogg the jugs. While still up on the lift and with the plugs out I put her in 5th gear and spin the motor by turning the rear wheel. As long as you go easy and turn it slow all the solution stays in the combustion chambers! I then put some anti seize on the plug threads and put em back in and it's ready for winter!

One word of caution , make sure you hold the extention tube on the can with your fingers so you do not blow it into the cylinder. There have been a few posts with this being an issue!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Idear

mmoors said:
What I do is get the scoot up on the lift , pull the plugs and fogg the jugs. While still up on the lift and with the plugs out I put her in 5th gear and spin the motor by turning the rear wheel. As long as you go easy and turn it slow all the solution stays in the combustion chambers! I then put some anti seize on the plug threads and put em back in and it's ready for winter!

One word of caution , make sure you hold the extention tube on the can with your fingers so you do not blow it into the cylinder. There have been a few posts with this being an issue!
Thanx for the reply and idear......I'm a gonna do it as soon as my garage warms up above 32*. T.Bagger's already sitting on JP'slastStand and the rear wheel is already elevated so it should be a breeze. I'm just gonna use some 3in1 oil cuz I can't find my can of fogger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts