V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a HD Fog Lamp Kit that installs on the engine guard of my Street Glide. I've got a couple of install questions... First of all the push button switch that comes in the kit is to be installed under the left side switch housing. Is there a way to put a rocker switch in the inner fairing like the Ultras come with for their spot lights?

Also the kit has a low beam wire that will allow the lamps to only work when the low beams are on. Can I just skip this wire since I want them to work even if the high beam is on?

THanks for your help.

Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
Since I own a Dyna, I can't help you with the switch on the fairing issue, however if there is space for it you certainely could do it. As far as allowing the lights to operate with either hi or lo beam, (which is the way I have mine), take the red wire of the light kit and tap it into your front running light wire. (on the Dyna its blue, possibly the same on yours). This will allow the function you want and will also key control the lights so you won't leave them on by mistake. I found that by adjusting the lights to shine on the road at the same place the low beam does, when you use the high beam it really floods the road with light. (and the aux. lights won't shine in the eyes of oncoming drivers) Hope this helps. Longshadow

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used the accessory switch to power wire for the coil. You can pick this feed up by the battery(Accessory Connector). When accessory switch on the fog lights will come on. Also I drilled the engine guard to run the wires internally.

·
Lookin' for '09 FLHRC
84 Posts
Let there be light

MOTOWN

I put a set of HD fogs on my '04 RKC.
Lots of extra light!

Wired mine hi and low beam also.

Did the same for my aux./ passing lights too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts