V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me introduce myself. I am a 22yr old Marine who just got his first bike, a 2002 Sportster 1200 about 2 weeks ago. It came from Guam, so, it needs alittle cosmetic work because of the weather and corrosion. I am probably going to be on here alot asking questions, so please bear with me. This coming summer might be the first I will spend in the states in the past 4 years, so, come rally time, I plan to have my bike ready to get up and out, and take some good trips, making up for lost time.

·
Registered
507 Posts
:welcome:

Use the winter to take a MSF Riders Course and cleaning the bike up, for spring riding. I hear that this also a good time of the year to install chrome :clap:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. I plan on taking a riding course soon, as the Marine Corps will not let me ride without it. On or off base. Speakin of time to add some chrome though...what are some good loud pipes for this bike?

·
1,336 Posts
Welcome aboard. Are you station at Camp Lejuene?

·
1,336 Posts
I was stationed on and off at Lejuene for about four years. I know that area pretty well. I had alot of good times down there. Good luck with the new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
You can check "Cycle Shack" for a number exhaust pipe options. I've run the "tapered dual" slipons and "turnouts". Thunder Headers sound real good but are a bit pricey. There are LOTS of choices :wacko:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR,.....I LOVE THE MARINE CORPS (Repeat x3)

Hello and welcome to the fine world of VTF.

Good luck getting that bike on the road and up to speed as far as how you want it to look, perform and sound.

Thanks for your contribution to my freedom. Kick a few sand castles down for me if you get the chance.

Check out the TECHNO section for some facts when you feel the need, Some good guys there who really know their ship.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Welcom usmcsportster.
Ride safe and becareful, thanks for you're service. Don't know you're rank or education level but here's some unsolisted advise I give to any new soliders after they have PCS'ed. Get you're self to the Education center and sign up for some college courses. Use those benfits becasue you are earning them.
V/R
Chris

·
3,465 Posts
IronMajor said:
Welcom usmcsportster.
Ride safe and becareful, thanks for you're service. Don't know you're rank or education level but here's some unsolisted advise I give to any new soliders after they have PCS'ed. Get you're self to the Education center and sign up for some college courses. Use those benfits becasue you are earning them.
V/R
Chris
Listen to the Major.

My nephew (a squid) managed to get his B.S. degree while he was in his first hitch.

The doors are opening for him now. Ride that educational wave, force yourself
it is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too and find this a great place to hang out and get decent information from a world of experts.

And thank you for your service to our country! We appreciate it more than you might imagine!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IronMajor, to answer your questions, I am a Sergeant and just finished my first 4 yrs. I have the paperwork in now for another 4. (I am on an extension) I would have dont the education thing along time ago, and wanted to, but, I have been to Iraq 3 times in 3 years, so, have not been in the states long enough for any education, because I was still getting deployed stateside for training. Waiting now to see if I am going on a float this summer, or if I am going to get to stay in the states, or even PCS to the west coast. (re-enlistment option)

Thank you all for the welcome, and the posts, I appreciate them.

·
3,465 Posts
You have been busy. Thanks for that.

Were here for some support if you need us.

Bunch of decent folks here, most of them have been around.

Best of luck

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
usmcsportster said:
IronMajor, to answer your questions, I am a Sergeant and just finished my first 4 yrs. I have the paperwork in now for another 4. (I am on an extension) I would have dont the education thing along time ago, and wanted to, but, I have been to Iraq 3 times in 3 years, so, have not been in the states long enough for any education, because I was still getting deployed stateside for training. Waiting now to see if I am going on a float this summer, or if I am going to get to stay in the states, or even PCS to the west coast. (re-enlistment option)

Thank you all for the welcome, and the posts, I appreciate them.
After 3 tours of Iraq-all bullsh!t aside i'm glad you're OK.
You have sreved your country now you deserve....as the major says "your benifits".:thumbsup:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Thanks for your service!! Congrats on the Sporty Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ditto 71 baldboy

Hey Marine,
I agree with the baldboy, you have served well and sufficiently, now- do yourself and our collective consciense a favor. get yourself a good education, on Uncle Sam. You deserve it, and as a tax paying American I'm glad to help pay for it. Glad to have you with us, post up often and ride [email protected]:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts