V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Springer Classic a couple weeks ago (WHAT A MACHINE!!)and need a little more noise out of it (the Wife said it sounded like a '66 Beetle and I couldn't really argue it with her.) Any opinions, pro or con, on a good set of slip-ons? Also, are these best installed by the dealer to avoid any "questions" about the warranty or faulty installation? (I've heard some horror stories about this) Anyone ever had to re-jet for adding them?

Any info much appreciated,

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put vance & hines fishtail slip-ons on my '05 springer classic. They look great and sound better. Dealer told me as long as future warrannty issues are not a direct result of work done, it doesn't matter who does the work. If the problem is related to the work it doesn't really matter, the aftermarket parts void the warranty anyway. Good luck with your pipe search.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Most of the work can be done yourself. Do youself a favor and change the air cleaner at the same time to a performance one. If you are running fuel injected, get the download for the ECM before doing the work. Then change the air cleaner and put your pipes on. The work is easy, but the ECM requires the dealer to do the download. The other way around this is to get a powercommander and install that yourself and you don't have to worry about a download.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Dave, I have these for sale. they are alot louder than stock but not too loud,a nice deep tone. they were on my 05 Springer Classic for about 200 miles before I put the True Duals on. They are like new with no scratches.
I will ship them to you for $275. I paid $380 + tax. Sorry I do not have a actual picture but they look like new.

Samson Silver Bullet Fishtail Mufflers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Barry, In your opinion, do the True Duals perform better than the V&H Slip-Ons?? I have V&H Fishtail Slip-ons on an '06 Springer Classic and am not real thrilled with their performance. I'm considering Samson True Duals and am curious if they'll be any better. really love the fishtail dual pipe look.
Thanks for any info. Mike

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Fishtails are supposed to rob a lot of power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought some Kerker K3's. They should be here in a week or so. I like the rocket tip look so that why I went with them. They seemed like the best sound and performance pipes I could find in that style.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I went with Screamin' Eagle muffs on my bike. The sound is exactly was I was looking for. The look of the muffs isn't too bad either.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
i am running samsons tru duels, might want to do a little reading around here about quality and customer service at samson, though i love the looks of the pipes there are some minor quality defects like trying to get the rear crossover to seal correct, about to go get some high heat goop and line the inside of the pipe joint to get it to seal 100%, have had pipe off 8 times, there cust service is in the trash cans, 1st and last samsons i will buy,, one more thing if you do go with them i found the stock springer rear hangers work better and the funky rear brackets they supply with the kit

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the replies. After doing some research, it seems 2:1 will give the best performance. Now, if I can only find some with old school looks.....any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts