V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plastic is on the bar, this round is on me!

Just dropped in to introduce myself, Phil is my name.
I have been following this board for a while, trying to learn a little before I stepped in.
Ordered a 2003 Road King Classic, due in early spring, excited because it is finally on the way. I know it is still a while away, but it is now becoming a reality.
I use to ride about 15 years ago, mainly dirt / trail bikes, and did so for about 7 years. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, now it is time to ride again, and what better than a Harley.
I have picked up a lot of great information from everyone here, I thank you all for that.
Look forward to reading a lot more. :cool:

PhilRKC

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'd like to also welcome you and suggest the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course. If you have been away for a while this is a great course, if you might be a little rusty from all that water. After investing as much as you have on your new RK, you want to feel as comfortable as you can and who knows you might be reminded of a few things you could have forgotten.

You'll have a blast on the RK; it's one of my favorites.

Best of luck and again welcome.

Dave

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Phil

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completed the MSF coarse a few weeks ago. Figured that would help keep the bike upright. Riding off road is one thing, trees dont jump out in front of you. (Well most of the time).

Phil

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your RKC. I get mine in April of next year. J.T.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
01PurpRK said:
Welcome, Phil. I have a 2001 RKC and love it. I am sure you will as well. Is it still cold in NY?
We just had an 83 degree day yesterday, and there were a few bikes on the roads taking advantage of the sunshine. I guess that means we will be paying for it soon enough.

Phil

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fearnot69 said:
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your RKC. I get mine in April of next year. J.T.
I can not wait. The problem is when i count out how long to go it seems like forever...

Is this your first Harley?

Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts