V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the beginning ...

First bike - 1969 Suzuki TS90 when 13 years old. Lots of bikes last last 36 years. Mostly dirt bikes at first, then rode hot rod *** bikes from 1982 - 1996 (Suzi GS1100E, GS1150E, Honda Hurricane 1000, Yamaha V-max). Decided to slow down and finally got where I could afford a Harley and bought a 97 Softail Custom new in OCT 96. Then a Furple Fatboy, a Road King, and most recently a 2001 Wideglide. Sold my WG to my best friend last weekend (he always wanted a Harley) and am in the market for a new bike, narrowed down to a Street Glide, Springer Softail, or Deuce, jury still out. All my Harley's have been carb so far so I could wrench them myself. Considering FI this time and doing research on FI brought me to the site. So here's my intro myself before asking newbie FI questions.

Served 24+ years active duty Air Force, ICBMs my entire career, retired as a Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) Jan 2000. Currently work on high speed telecom (T1s to OC192 fiber) for SBC, now the new AT&T, to pay for the toys. Bought a new Porsche last year, a real go cart on steroids. Also do some professional photography work for fun, check my website if you want to see a few of my shots, www.johnferguson.net

Anyhow, TIA for any advice and ride safe. {salute(

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums. Thank you for the service you did to this fine nation.

As far as scoots go, I would steer clear of the 06 EFI and beyond. Go with an 05 or before. HDs are going the way of the O2 sensor crap with new models. If a new one is a must, just do your research before changing parts.

Lots of knowledgeable people here to help you out with whatever questions you may have.

Post up an enjoy.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
John Ferguson said:
From the beginning ...

First bike - 1969 Suzuki TS90 when 13 years old. Lots of bikes last last 36 years. Mostly dirt bikes at first, then rode hot rod *** bikes from 1982 - 1996 (Suzi GS1100E, GS1150E, Honda Hurricane 1000, Yamaha V-max). Decided to slow down and finally got where I could afford a Harley and bought a 97 Softail Custom new in OCT 96. Then a Furple Fatboy, a Road King, and most recently a 2001 Wideglide. Sold my WG to my best friend last weekend (he always wanted a Harley) and am in the market for a new bike, narrowed down to a Street Glide, Springer Softail, or Deuce, jury still out. All my Harley's have been carb so far so I could wrench them myself. Considering FI this time and doing research on FI brought me to the site. So here's my intro myself before asking newbie FI questions.

Served 24+ years active duty Air Force, ICBMs my entire career, retired as a Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) Jan 2000. Currently work on high speed telecom (T1s to OC192 fiber) for SBC, now the new AT&T, to pay for the toys. Bought a new Porsche last year, a real go cart on steroids. Also do some professional photography work for fun, check my website if you want to see a few of my shots, www.johnferguson.net

Anyhow, TIA for any advice and ride safe. {salute(

Welcome John!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Thanks for your service!!! {salute( Post up often and enjoy.

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I retired from the Air force back in 1987. Work maintence on B-52's and KC 135's..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm retired Army. My only Air Force experiences were eating Christmas dinners at Rhine Main AFB, a brief stint at Sheppard, Dyes (sp), and Pope. You guys always had it so much better than we grunts. I remember going to school for a while at Sheppard as an E5 and being blown away by the fact that we had cleaning gals come in and make our bunks everyday. Man, if I had it to do over.....LOL Retired in 93.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Sarge.

Thanks for your time with our Grand Uncle.

Post up and have a ball.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Welcome Sarge,
Ex AF myself. Mech on F-104,F-4,F-101,B-66,T-37,T-38,C-130,and a couple more. 3 years in SEA.

I ride an 06 Deuce w/ EFI. Love the bike. I'm not sure why 'Fatboy' keeps saying to stay away from 06's. My bike ran just great when stock. I've added the Power Commander III, Screamin Eagle air cleaner, and V&H Big Shots. She runs even better now! I've only got a little less than a 1000 miles on her so the gas mileage should get better, but I'm getting right at 46 mpg now. I've had other other bikes, including other Harley's, but so far this is by far the most fun of them all. Doesn't match the performance of my supercharged Sportster, but it still runs great.
What ever model you pick/picked, you'll enjoy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts