V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new here. I just bought a used 2007 FLHX that I found on Craigslist. I've been riding for a bit over a year and previously owned a Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C. I bought it before I really knew what I liked in a bike, and when I saw pictures of custom baggers, I did a lot of custom work trying to turn my Honda into a bagger. By the time I was done, it was really nice, but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I visited Myrtle Beach this summer and rented a 2011 FLHX and I was immediately convinced that I needed to own one. I really wanted the 2011 or 2012, but I couldn't afford it.

I sold the Honda for $4,250 and bought the FLHX for $12,000. I think I got a good deal on the FLHX. It came with a Kuryakyn hypercharger, Kuryakyn windshield, Rinehart Racing true duals, passenger floorboards, passenger quick-detach backrest, light bar, fog lights on the highway bar, the LED spoiler lights on the bad lids, LED oil pressure\temperature gauge cap\dipstick, and some other accessories.

The only issues with the bike is that it's VERY dirty, so dirty that I'm actually just going to have someone detail it as it's not worth the hours and hours of time it will take me to get it back into like-new shape. The other issue is with the radio. The radio turns on but the sound seems to randomly cut out. Turning off the radio and turning it back on usually remedies the problem. I will have to look on the forums for some advice on this as I'm trying to not take it HD and pay a ton of $$$ for a probably easy fix.

I haven't done any mods myself yet, but have some plans to add a Progressive touring link, Progressive 940 touring shocks, Progressive front fork drop in lowering kit, different handlebars and grips with bar mounted mirrors, a different air cleaner, Cyclevisions Eliminator tail light, and then we'll see where it all goes from there. The stretched saddlebags are tempting down the road, but we shall see.

I end up being a pretty active member in my other forums for other hobbies, so I look forward to diving right in here, but in the beginning, I'll be applying the golden rule I learned in the fire service, "Keep your ears open and your mouth shut!"

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome

It sounds like you got a good bike there. I would heartily recommend the touring link or similar device, I used True-Track, but they all accomplish the same thing....that is stabilizing the rear of the tranny/ swing arm mount area. My '02 about scared me to death the way she would rear steer riding two up on uneven pavement, all is good now for the 25,000 mi. since the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts