V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.... New to the board and saying hello. Been riding all sorts of bikes(mostly dirt) for 34 years. Picking up my second V-twin tomorrow, a 2006 Street Glide.

Looking forward to making some new friends all the information available here.

Moteaux aka Randy

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the new ride!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Fatb0y said:
:welcome: to the forums.
Fatb0y, I will be in your neighborhood the last week of June. My ex-stepfather and I will be taking a trip up the Natchez Trace to Nashville and then over to Deal's Gap and then back home.

Moteaux

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for bikes and riding history, I have had a little of everything. Mostly dirtbikes, but have been riding on two wheels for about 34 years now.

First bike was a mini-bike with lawn mower engine and no brakes. The rest are as follows:

2. Indian (Italjet) 50
3. Honda XR 75
4. Yamaha GT 80
5. Yamaha TY 80
6. Yamaha MX 100
7. Honda TL 125
8. Honda MR 175
9. Honda XL 350
10. Can Am 250 Qualifier
11. Yamaha TT 500
12. Bultaco Sherpa 250
13. Husqvarna WR 390
14. Suzuki RM 125
15. Bultaco Sherpa 350
16. Suzuki GS 750
17. Honda CR 480
18. - 20. (3) Kawasaki KX 250's
21. Suzuki Katana 750
22. KTM 300 EXC '00 Model
23. Yamaha YZF 250
24. KTM 250 RFS
25. KTM 400 RFS
26. KTM 300 '03 Model
27. Gas Gas JT 250
28. Ultima Softail
29. Yamaha RSV Midnight Edition
30. 2006 KTM 450 SX {Current}
31. 2006 Harley Street Glide {Current}

There were a few other various bikes in there from a couple of Maicos and Hodakas. But I really never had them long enough to count them. There was also a Kawasaki 440 LTD too for a brief time in college. Also, there was a Kawasaki KLT 250 trials bike in there somewhere....

I have competed in mostly off-road (hare scrambles / enduros / observed trials) on and off since I was around 8 years old, starting out on trials bikes competition wise. Took a few years off here and there, during college and moving to Louisiana from Texas. I haven't ridden much dirt the last year and have only been riding street, but I bought a new KTM and have been getting back into the dirt scene a bit. I don't know how much I will race anymore, but I still enjoy trail riding with friends.

Keep 'er on two wheels.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Nice line up. I like the ktm line for street beat and off road play. I still have a 1985 CR-500r and other stuff.

I salute you for remembering all the bikes you have had. I seem to have forgotten a few of mine over the years...LOL (should have worn a helmet more often)

Welcome to the forum of the chosen ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P 0 P E Y E said:
I salute you for remembering all the bikes you have had. I seem to have forgotten a few of mine over the years...LOL (should have worn a helmet more often)

QUOTE]

I know what you mean... even after posting the line up, I sit here and think of a bike or two here and there that I could add.

I'm not sure if it was lack of wearing a helmet, or me trying to thin the lesser brain cells out by alcohol dilution. My memory just aint what it used to be!

Randy

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

Lots of good folks and info around here, sounds like you have lots of experiences to share -- post early and often!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joediver said:
:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

sounds like you have lots of experiences to share --
Some would say I had 34 years of riding experience... others that rode with me might say I had one year of experience 34 times.... LOL!!!:huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts