V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen (and Ladies),

For those of us who have finally heard the call of the road, this forum is outstanding. Never owned a Harley, but with the 100th Anniversary styling and all, I'd have been a fool not to get a Fat Boy. But the fool part comes later as I've never owned a motorcycle. Common sense, a course or two, and a healthy respect for the machine should get me through. I intend to read almost every post here to learn what I can before the bike arrives. (Gotta do the homework). Thanks for a great way to get indoctrinated into the H-D world!

1) Will go with the EFI option (another thread) and

2) Saw a guy on a Deuce with a t-shirt that read "If you can read this shirt, it means my b!tch fell off the bike!". I laughed for days. Please advise where I can get one of those shirts.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The Fat Boy is an outstanding looking scooter. I actually have one of those t-shirts. My wife bought it for me as a gag but she won't let me wear it. Imagine that. Common sense is a very important part of riding. Because of the vulnerability of bike riders, one MUST ride like everybody is out to get you. Be aware of everything around you. Riders safety courses are excellent for old and new riders.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hello HALO... Welcome to the forum !! You will find lots of useful info here, and find a few laughs as well. Folks here seem to be pretty good at not flaming each other, so don't feel embarassed to ask a question. There are several (you know who you are ) real experts among us. They will do their best to get you straight. Post often.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome HALO01
So you're making the big move, steppin up into a whole new world of excitement. Riding on 2 wheels gets in your blood and before to long you'll become aficionada. Like you I'm waiting on my Harley, the only difference is that I've been riding for many years. The Fat Boy for a beginner is a lot of bike. I hope you'll get good instuction and many tips. Taking riding courses is a real plus and a must. I would suggest the following tip: get good at learning to balance the bike with both feet on the pegs at a snails pace, while turing in and out of cones that aren't spread to far apart. It takes practice.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
HALO01 said:
Gentlemen (and Ladies),

<snip> Saw a guy on a Deuce with a t-shirt that read "If you can read this shirt, it means my b!tch fell off the bike!". I laughed for days. Please advise where I can get one of those shirts.
You will NOT find the t-shirt at a H/D dealer. However, you will find the t-shirt at most major events. Several vendors carry various versions of the shirt, including the most typcial, "If you can read this, the b... fell off". There is another common version, "I am the b... that fell off". Do be aware that not every woman will find the t-shirt funny, particularly the woman riding with you.

Enjoy your bike. Enjoy the H/D Forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Halo, Its very exciting getting a new Harley, huh? My first and only bike is a Harley, a Road King Classic. Consider some engine guards for awhile. No, I'm not an engine guard dealer/stealer. Its just that its not easy remembering everything they teach in the MSF course and if you go down, most likely at slow speed, you won't get a big ol booboo on your tank, mirrors, etc. I've avoided the booboos only because of the guards.

Anyhow, enjoy the info. here. You'll find your entertainment dollar goes far here, also.

Good luck and have fun!

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts