V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,404 Posts
No idea as to what their pistol designs are like. But they built a lot of FN FAL's, of which I might have had my hands on a few times. Actually most of the ones I used were R1's and not built by FN.

Belgian firearms are generally of good quality, equal to German prewar products. But they seem to sometimes have issues with ergonomics. I carried a Vigneron M2 for a lot of bush time and it was flawless with one exception. You had to short load the 30 round mag.

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea as to what their pistol designs are like. But they built a lot of FN FAL's, of which I might have had my hands on a few times. Actually most of the ones I used were R1's and not built by FN.

Belgian firearms are generally of good quality, equal to German prewar products. But they seem to sometimes have issues with ergonomics. I carried a Vigneron M2 for a lot of bush time and it was flawless with one exception. You had to short load the 30 round mag.
Thanks Therm! I did a lot of research and it looks like I'm getting a great gun for under $400.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I had my hands on a FN five-seven, it shot very well. They Looked to be made solid to me.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Had a couple FN Browning HPs and have a couple older FN hunting rifles, one an FN98 made in the 50s. Not familiar with all or their newest offerings but they've been around a looooong time and are known for quality. Any FN I've owned or shot has been solid and for a hunting rifle, my FN98 is a laser. Shoots most off the shelf ammo less than MOA. FN also had or has the contract to make M16s or 4s here in the U.S. Very solid guns.

A little bit of trivia and history: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/joe-grine/partnership-ages-john-moses-browning-fabrique-nationale-dherstal/

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have heard excellent reviews on FN firearms, seem to be well made... I don't own one, so can't say first hand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Sig's and HK's are also really nice. I'm a fan of FN's too.
There was an article on the .40's some time back and there is a switch back to 9MM's as the 9MM ammo has gotten so much better. It also means more rounds and cheaper practice ammo. Just FYI

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The 9MM has always been the new 22 plinker for me.

It (the 9) is the only round for what ever reason for me I can pick up and be on target within minimal shots from a unfamiliar gun. I love this round.

Personally love the Sig line ups and always have. I'm not much on HK, it never twirled my fancy for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts