V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody if 2005 flywheels can be used in a 2000 motor, both bike are FL series Dressers. Was wondering about a bearing kit to convert the 05's to older style bearing(which I like better) . Got the '''''05 wheels (0 miles) I know I got to take the sleeve off the timken side, but these wheels have about twice as many notches as my old ones and on both wheels, will this throw off any sensors in the bottom???

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yes, either crank can be used with either sprocket shaft bearing configuration.
Just requires the proper bearings and spacers on the sprocketshaft to match the cases.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If the 05 crank is new it should come bare and is a straight install. If it is a takeoff crank you need to remove one spacer and the inner race for the sprocketshaft bearing.

The bearing kit is only needed for the non Timken bikes if the crank is bare, all you need for the Timken bikes is the bare crank and a new Timken set.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
HIPPO said:
If the 05 crank is new it should come bare and is a straight install. If it is a takeoff crank you need to remove one spacer and the inner race for the sprocketshaft bearing.

The bearing kit is only needed for the non Timken bikes if the crank is bare, all you need for the Timken bikes is the bare crank and a new Timken set.
agreed! listen to hipo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts