V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.... I will be changing my fluids tomorrow, along with my friends Police Road King. I have a service manual but she hasn't purchased one as of yet. Can someone please post the fluid amounts for the eng oil, tranny, and primary? I think her engine is the same size as mine, 1450.... they are both 2004 and we both use synthetic for all. If I can get an approx., we will still of course check it like I always do with mine.... to top it off if needed! It may be really close to mine, but I would like some feedack if possible? Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Engine = 4 qts
Trans = 20 - 24 oz
Primary = 32 oz (with bike upright, fluid should be at the bottom edge of the clutch diaphragm spring)

·
Registered
13 Posts
fluids

1 qt of fluid in the primary will not touch the bottom of the clutch with the bike upright. But 1 qt is all you put in, any more will make it hard to find neutral

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

TXCHOP said:
and dont forget the filter......
Nah.... really, I'm just kidding by the way!!!

Thanks guys.... really appreciate it! That seems really weird - 4 qts for the eng..... my dyna only takes 3! I guess the holding tank (or whatever it's called) is a little bigger than my dyna's... as for as the other fluids, tranny and primary, the amounts are pretty close to mine! I have always changed my own with over 10K! Thanks again, Gwen

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
you would be suprized...I can admit, i have forgot to change the filter before refilling the oil tank....I always catch it but it just cost me more money thats all....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts