V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and signed up (anb paid) for my new Road Glide today. Here in Colorado we just got some snow so the dealer is nice enough to deliver it to my house tomorrow. Sporting some real mahogany right now!

Good thing it's bad out because I would be AWOL from work til Monday if it was nice.

Mike M

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went goofy with options. This is my first HD and I did it up right.

Vivid Black
EFI
Laced Wheels
HD Security System
Big Bore Kit
Bub Headers/ V&H Slashcuts
WideBand Grips, Footboards, Pegs
Chrome handlebar and everything on it
Chrome fork sliders and uppers
25 other silly chrome bolt and stick-ons
Corbin Solo, Touring Pillion
Chrome inner primary cover (new and very nice)
More, more, more...

Paid the stupid price I swore I never would pay for a motorcycle. But as they say "you only live once".

MikeM

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't bother going to work Mike. You aren't going to get anything accomplished anyway...your mind will be on other things...and bet you don't get much sleep for the next week either. Might just as well stay home and clear out space in the garage.

congrats

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Congratulations Mike!!!
I still have 46 days or so for mine.
Sold my old one too soon. :(
Brian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. The guy from the dealership drops the RG at my house today. All I can do is look at it since the streets are wet from the additional 2 inches of snow that fell this morning on yesterday's four inches. It's also 28 degrees.

Thats ok though because I got to get back to work and get some stuff done today-----if it's nice out, I'm riding of course.

Besides, that gives me time to program up the various modes of my HD Security System. Watched the video and read the manual----several times. Sure it's complicated but I figure, I'm an intelligent guy, right?

Wrong. Trying to set my personal code in case the battery dies in the fob someday. No-Can-Do. Want to reset the sensitivity setting, maybe enable the automatic arming feature, too. Need to slow down, see if I can solve this mystery first, then move on to the next riddle.

Had to get back to work but that's strike one on old the Security System game. Hey, at least I was able to set the AVC setting up to 4 so I can hear the stereo at speed.

A freakin' monkey probably could have done that.

MikeM

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Wrong. Trying to set my personal code in case the battery dies in the fob someday. No-Can-Do. Want to reset the sensitivity setting, maybe enable the automatic arming feature, too

You often have to initialize the system more then once before you program anything into it, easier to do from the owners manual then from the video. You don't want the auto arm feature, everybody in Europe, where it is the only setting, bitches about it because it arms itself every time you refuel and is a PITA.

One thing you will really like if you get it is the little lock for the fuel door that can be opened without the key (it can still be locked if you wish but any Harley key will open it anyway)

Welcome to the select fraternity of RoadBlimp riders.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hippo for the tip on the auto arming. Wasn't sure if that was a good idea---now I'll skip it.

Thanks

MikeM

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Congratulations on the new scoot!!!!!! :)

Enjoy the hell out of it and be safe!!!!!!!!

Tony M.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Mike M said:
Wrong. Trying to set my personal code in case the battery dies in the fob someday. No-Can-Do. Want to reset the sensitivity setting, maybe enable the automatic arming feature, too. Need to slow down, see if I can solve this mystery first, then move on to the next riddle.
First, congrats on the Road Glide, Mike. I'd love to have one. Second......I never could figure out how to program a personal code.....finally took it back to the dealer where there was one guy who could set codes on bikes. Now, I'm not sure what to do with the code if I need it.

T113

1 - 15 of 15 Posts