V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'03 or '04?

So, to fit the ass of an '03 FXST(B), that has a 150 stock, the FatBoy rear fender would have to be off of a 150 shod FatBoy... so, what years will work, '03 and up or '04 and up?

Anyone have a black rear fender for a FatBoy they want to get rid of? :)

·
Can it get any better!
423 Posts
Harley changed to the wider tire in 2003, but I thought all the rear fenders for the Fatboy were the same from about 2001 forward. I've been looking on eBay for the past month for new tins and have come across quite a few fenders. But after looking at all the crap out there and the chances you take, I decided to buy new from HD (at a 20% discount of course).

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not so sure... the 04 bike has an "-03B" part number, so there was a change in '03... this is annoying.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I'd play it safe and stick with an '03 and up fender. There's a lot of tins on eBay. Also, I've heard that Dudley Perkins HD in the city has some take-off tins for sale. I see where you're going with this--it would look pretty sweet on your bike! If you check out the softail standard owners thread, there's a pic of a black softail sporting the full rear fender--I like it. You gotta go with the tombstone tail light, though!

PS you missed a killer ride yesterday!

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
'03 or '04?

So, to fit the ass of an '03 FXST(B), that has a 150 stock, the FatBoy rear fender would have to be off of a 150 shod FatBoy... so, what years will work, '03 and up or '04 and up?

Anyone have a black rear fender for a FatBoy they want to get rid of? :)
I've got a couple of used rears for an 03 Fatboy. I bought them when I was thinking about splitting one and widening it to allow for a 180. Never did the project. I'll check the colors, if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, I have a gunmetal blue '03 fender with a small ding on the bottom lip that I would trade.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
yeah, 03 was when it went to 150. HD should have put the 200 tire on the Fatboy IMHO like on the new CVO Fatboys a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so, anyone know if a '00 to '02 fender will work? or does it have to be an '03 and later fender?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
so, anyone know if a '00 to '02 fender will work? or does it have to be an '03 and later fender?
I don't know if this answers your question or not but I have an 02 with the optional HD wide tire kit and it didn't involve replacing the fender.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
150 tire

I run a fatboy fender on a 2002 FXST standard. I got it off e-bay just after I purchased my bike, if I remember correctly, it is off a 2001. I put the Metzler 150 on there around 2003, fits fine, no rubbing even when riding 2-up. No wide tire kit either.....run the fender bolts flopped.

greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts