V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
When you move here you're no longer a "Snowbird". Snowbirds spend 4-6 months a year here, don't care about local issues, local politics, local anything. They just care about driving like idiots and complaining. When, after a lifetime, you're tired of the cold in NJ and you retire you look for a place that suits you. The east coast of Florida was about right for me.
Far enough north to avoid the "metropolis", far enough south to be warm during the winter.

Earls is in Sabastian just off Rt 1. Jammer's right, good music, lots of bikes. Just about 8 miles north of there is Malabar Moe's, another good place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the weather suck where you live? It wasn't supposed to rain until this evening as I watch the rain on the glass door. I have been looking forward to riding this week wearing a long sleeved shirt as the weather tellers predicted a warm 4 days. They forgot to mention the rain everyday. I did get a ride by Lake Waccamaw yesterday evening it was about 65 and pleasant.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Would love to live in Florida all year Riding even if it rains cause the rain doesn't last long...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Would love to live in Florida all year Riding even if it rains cause the rain doesn't last long...
My grandfather said gas has always been expensive. Since my father and his friends had hogs he decided to buy a new harley. The ones my father had didn't have mufflers as they were ex military bikes. Bikers would gather around my grandfathers bike as they had never listened to a harley with mufflers.lol. He drove for the Miami bus company before it became public. Often he would get caught in a rain shower on the way to work and would have to drive his shift in wet clothes. That didn't go over well so he sold his ride and went back to cars.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts