V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the weather suck where you live? It wasn't supposed to rain until this evening as I watch the rain on the glass door. I have been looking forward to riding this week wearing a long sleeved shirt as the weather tellers predicted a warm 4 days. They forgot to mention the rain everyday. I did get a ride by Lake Waccamaw yesterday evening it was about 65 and pleasant.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
I can't reply, but it sprinkled her in Lakeland, FL this morning.... Forecast high of 81 all this week with higher humidity...

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I thought it was time for the winter weather thread soon as spring arrives a weather thread dies. Weather is a big deal here as the nightly news shows the weather first before the national news and at the end of the show in case I forgot what he said 22 minutes prior.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hot and humid here too. Got caught by an afternoon shower yesterday. Looking forward to riding all week.
A good friend of mine just bought a snowmobile last week, its 68 in NH today he said.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
We did a Florida style Polar Bear Run and Plunge yesterday. Nearly 80 degree air temp with 72 degree water. 125 miles of riding with a mix of misty rain and sun. Our winters are tough.

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My grandfather lived in Coral Gables and he said if he stood in the same spot for 24 hrs it would rain on him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The weather is the ONLY good thing about Florida; that's the ONLY reason I live here. Well, the roads are great, too, and the state is very motorcycle friendly.

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fishing is good. I was lost trying to find Palm Coast out of Daytona. There were these short bridges over a narrow cut canal. A park with a walking path ran beside it. A shirtless man was catching fish and had an ice box full. Fishing in the backyard is not all bad.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Just retired to east coast of Florida last week. Sooooo relaxing. 81 and sunny today. And I can fish right off my dock.
You can ride pretty much all year round and the roads are in great condition. The only cons I see are 1. Snowbirds, 2. Summer Heat (but that can be just about everywhere in the lower 48), 3. Similar scenery and flat roads (but isn't that what riding trips are for).
……..and it's gong to be snowy and cold in NJ by the weekend! HAHAHAHAHA!!

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems to rain everyday. I am waiting for it to clear up for another ride to the nursing home/rehab. Tomorrow will be colder so I will play with my new to me metric. I am not going to change anything other than the pipes, sissy bar rack, crash bar, spots, windshield, Cobra floorboards and a K+N filter. It did come with a Mustang seat for my big butt.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,827 Posts
I actually laughed out loud.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Damn! You beat me to that one.

I grew up in Florida, so to hear a guy that just retired from Jersey last week complain about snowbirds is, well, obviously you get it. lol

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't ^^^ say that word. It is ancient history. The south will rise again happened when air conditioning became wide spread in every business and home. To use that word on this forum could be considered racist. I prefer foreigners or the foreign states.

tarheel

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just retired to east coast of Florida last week. Sooooo relaxing. 81 and sunny today. And I can fish right off my dock.
You can ride pretty much all year round and the roads are in great condition. The only cons I see are 1. Snowbirds, 2. Summer Heat (but that can be just about everywhere in the lower 48), 3. Similar scenery and flat roads (but isn't that what riding trips are for).
……..and it's gong to be snowy and cold in NJ by the weekend! HAHAHAHAHA!!
You forgot #4. Too many people moving to Florida ...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Complain all you want but I'll be riding in Florida this weekend. Gonna be a good one, just need to figure out what direction I'm going to point it...

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A cold ass week is coming down to the 20's at night. I feel sorry for those Florida people have to put up with that warm air and sunshine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts