V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put floorboards on their Dyna.If yes what kind and how do you like them? I was looking through the H.D. parts catalog and noticed they are offering a floorboard kit like on the Dyna cop bike. The problem with this is the price...$499.99 for polished and $649.99 for chrome.
Is there a cheaper alternative. Right now I am still running the factory mid pegs and highway pegs. I do like the option of having two different places to hang my feet,but after riding my buddies Road King I love the floorboards. Any suggestions. Thanks!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
bub said:
Has anyone put floorboards on their Dyna.If yes what kind and how do you like them? I was looking through the H.D. parts catalog and noticed they are offering a floorboard kit like on the Dyna cop bike. The problem with this is the price...$499.99 for polished and $649.99 for chrome.
Is there a cheaper alternative. Right now I am still running the factory mid pegs and highway pegs. I do like the option of having two different places to hang my feet,but after riding my buddies Road King I love the floorboards. Any suggestions. Thanks!
Hey bub, $649.99!!!!. Jeeezus!! That's what I thought when I saw the price too. I know that they would be great and almost a necessity for the long legged if you want floor boards. I did consider them and still may buy them later, but for now I have some mini floorboards (shaker style with the vibration dampeners). These minis are still mid position but give you a little room for shifting forward or back. They have almost a two inch range of adjustment forward or back and tilt angle. Even the wider foot pegs have somewhat of a limiter because the heal of your boot goes behind them or else the front of the foot is unsupported. With the minis your foot can move forward and is still supported. They do not have to have that tilted up angle to keep from feeling like your foot is about to blow off because of the mid position. It is a compromise over full size forward floorboards but not bad for mid position. I'm starting to get used to them and like them. Besides, Santa Claus may get "HER" feelings hurt if I go out and buy the floorboard kit right now. LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might try those mini floorboards out. Have you had any problems snagging your pant legs on the boards when you come to a stop?
Thanks for the help.

P.S. Your bike looks good with the new passing lamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hear ya Bub, the girlie wants those floor boards too, but $500+ come on HD who are you trying to fool? I've been asking around at some of my local dealers for the guys who buy those FXDP or whatever they're calling them now to see if any of those guys want to put forward controls on and sell the "stock" floor boards, so far no takers. I'll keep trying.

If anybody from Kuryaykn is listening, here's a heads up, FLOOR BOARDS FOR DYNAS! It'll be a money maker.

BADFXD

·
Registered
380 Posts
shine the bike

Hey 5th gear will you ride that dyna and get it dirty, so it does not look so good, well all of us DYNA riders can appreciate that good looking bike of 5th gears ya.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey S. Sammy, what are you doing up so early on a Saturday? Did you see where I moved my pictures to a new server? Your pic of the Slammin dyna was moved also. It has a new url that will stay at that address now if you want to use it to post or use elswhere.

See ya later,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed them on my wifes 98 fxds. She really likes them but she is 5'9". They are nice but a little far back for me (i'm 6') but it might also be I'm used to the boards on my Road King.

·
Registered
132 Posts
just bought set for 00 fxd and put them on and don't like them. If I put alot of road miles on this bike I would leave them on. put my forwards back on. used them for a day. part #50580-01. paid 355.00 on ebay new. retail for 649.00 I believe. Take 275.00 + shipping if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FXDP

I have one of those Dyna cop bikes and it comes with the polished, not chrome floorboards. Personally I like them, though the boards and the heel/toe shifter took a little getting used to. But on the open road they are THE ONLY way to go, if comfort is your goal. they allow quite a bit of movement and you can reshuffle your weight,e tc easily.

The factory price IS ludicrous though. But how much of what the MoCo sells isn't??

FN in MT

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a 1994 FXRP Police model I bought about a year ago. My bike came with the floorboards, and I have ben thinking of getting forward controls. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts