V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I had a website bookmarked where they sold a spacers to kick out dresser floorboards about 3/4 of an inch but I have since lost that address..

Any Help

Thanks
Glen:hmmm:

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got It!

Now ordered!

Thank You

Glen:thanks:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
George Anderson sells some sweet floorboard extenders as well as tour-pak adopters to move the pac back and some other high quality aluminum stuff.

George Anderson, Moline, IL, 309-762-6291

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Is the the same George?

mymatrix said:
George Anderson sells some sweet floorboard extenders as well as tour-pak adopters to move the pac back and some other high quality aluminum stuff.

Is this the same George as "George's Garage"? I also want to see if there's more out there than just the Kuryakyn.

For those of you that have the spacers....Do you like 'em?
Tim

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I picked up some nylon spacers at Lowes in the Hardware section. If I remember right they were one inch in diameter 3/4 of a inch thick with a 3/8 hole thru the center. Also a smaller size and a couple longer bolts for the left side. Total cost about 3 bucks. Worked great haven't had any problems.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
mymatrix said:

George Anderson's spacers are a full inch wide and quality stuff.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
FatDave said:
I picked up some nylon spacers at Lowes in the Hardware section. If I remember right they were one inch in diameter 3/4 of a inch thick with a 3/8 hole thru the center. Also a smaller size and a couple longer bolts for the left side. Total cost about 3 bucks. Worked great haven't had any problems.
I don't think they heard you Dave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding Spacers

I just did this while installing Vance and Hines Propipes. Lowes has a hardware section with 1/2" and 3/4" nylon spacers. They torqued down just fine.

Paul

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
whitecloud said:
Is this the same George as "George's Garage"? I also want to see if there's more out there than just the Kuryakyn.

Tim
I've never heard him refered to in that manner (as George's Garage) so I doubt if that is the same guy.

Geoge Anderson is strickly word-of-mouth I believe. No website or anything as of yet. He does high-quality craftsman items machining aluminum. All of the people I know that have purchased items from him are extremely pleased with the quality and the result of mounting his items.

Here is a link to a pic of his tour-pak relocator, to give you an idea of the quality he produces (From MKHurley's post on Electra Glide Garage).

Give the old gent a call and tell him what you need. I'm certain the result will please you at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just did this while installing Vance and Hines Propipes. Lowes has a hardware section with 1/2" and 3/4" nylon spacers. They torqued down just fine.

Paul
Steppin' in here about 2 years later !! I looked at the floorboard spacer kit Kuryakyn sells & then bought my own stuff at the local hdwe store for about $15. The original three, 1"x1/2" socket head bolts were grade 8, so I ordered longer ones & cut some off-the-shelf steel spacers down from 1" to 3/4" for three of the mounts. Spacers for the 4th mount requires a bit different approach. I cut a 3" length of 3/4" square steel tube & drilled it for the pair of 5/16" bolts that hold the L/H side rear mount. I'd be suspicious of the nylon spacers being able to hold torque...but that's why they sell thread-lock by the quart, right? After ordering grade 8 bolts, I re-read the ad for the "K" kit & they furnish stainless bolts. I dont think they're even as strong as grade 5. hmmmm. I like stronger.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Floor board spacer's

I just ordered a set of floor board spacers, from Kuryakyn yesterday. For my 06, ultra. Thanks for bringing the thread back...

·
OLDBOY
784 Posts
I would love to extend my Ultra boards out by 3/4", it would be just a more natural position for my feet. However I am worried about the reduced lean angle.

Do you scrape much more often with the extension than you did without?

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,015 Posts
Me gotsta go to Lowe's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would love to extend my Ultra boards out by 3/4", it would be just a more natural position for my feet. However I am worried about the reduced lean angle.

Do you scrape much more often with the extension than you did without?
Not a worry. If your boards are adjust correctly they will flip up anyway. I haven't noticed any increase. But then again I live in straight flat south florida.

I have to be at insain speed to scrape a board on our corners

·
Riding With The Son
204 Posts
I have the Kury spacers on my Road Glide. My footboards have always been the first things to scrape - even before the spacers - and I suspect that they have reduced my clearance slightly. But as Fl Highlander said, since the footboards are hinged, they will give ample warning before you get into trouble. I really like the better position for my boots.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Floorboard Spacers

Tim
Absolutely luv em! Bought a set (3/4") from a guy off the "other board" who makes them. I think it was around $20. Simple install. Excellent results! I give them a huge :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts