V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I'm looking for a floorboard-mounted highway peg solution, with a setup like these new Kuryakyn Flip Boards (~ $250):

The Kuryakyn Flip Boards incorporate multiple mounting positions (up to 2.5-inches forward/back and .75-inches out - from the stock position) and measure 15.375-inches long and 4.875-inches wide - larger than stock. I would like this solution IF the pegs can be closed with your feet.

I've seen the IMT Jac-Knife setup (~ $150), which requires grinding and drilling the floorboard pans, and the Kuryakyn Flip Blades (~ $155), which requires the pegs to be closed by hand. For the stated reasons, I DO NOT like these solutions.

Are there any independent fabricators out there who have come up with a reasonable, cost-effective solution for floorboard-mounted highway pegs? The only one that I have found is Tipp Cycle Specialties, who offers these, which are NOT retractable, and DO NOT appear to be available for Streamliner floorboards:

Show me your floorboard-mounted highway pegs!

·
Banned
589 Posts
Those are gonna grind
@gree:

What he said. H-D in the peg brackets I installed LAST NIGHT, noted that you want to ensure your pegs are mounted high enough that they don't catch the pavement. You catch a pothole or something w/ a peg and you may have the bike jerked out from under you.

H-D always likes to included the addenum: " . . . possibly resulting in serious rider injury or possibly death."

You think all the skull motifs on the H-D riders is chance affectation? :D

-- besides which . . . the whole rationale behind pegs is to afford stretching out, leaning back on the rest, getting the feet up a bit. That's not going to happen w/ a board mounted peg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts