V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, new to the bagger scene previous Harley was a Deuce with forward controls and 2" Ness extensions. I like to be stretched out.

Ok like many on here the heel toe shifter is a tight fight, especially with military boots. Cowboy boots work alot better but back and forth to work not an option need my work boots.

Is there any extension brackets/spacers that will work well in this case to get my feet up front more? I actually like the heel/toe shifting and would like to keep it if possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There was guy in Indiana who was making mounts that moved your boards forward 2 inches, that with a longer board will put you out there pretty good or you could go with forward controls on the bagger.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
21" Bananna Board's and an extended heel shifter along with 1 1/2" spacer's to widen out the Board's. That's what I have done on my bike and it's very roomy. I love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another thing that might work...harleygoodies makes those extensions to get the boards farther away from the bike. The shifter stays in the same place and with the board being out wider, you will have more room to put your foot when you are not shifting, even let it slide forward to the left of the shifter. I had em on my last bike (2010 CVO ultra) and they made it much more comfortable. I bought a set for my current bike 2011 CVO Streetglide, but I haven't put em on yet because I am torn about losing some cornering clearance...I ride this bike more aggressively, its more of a hot rod.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Floorboard extensions help a lot IMO. I put them on all my touring bikes. On my RGU I also have extended shift levers. Levers and the extensions give my foot a lot of room to move around. I wear there crazy boots when i ride and they barely fit between the shifters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, new to the bagger scene previous Harley was a Deuce with forward controls and 2" Ness extensions. I like to be stretched out.

Ok like many on here the heel toe shifter is a tight fight, especially with military boots. Cowboy boots work alot better but back and forth to work not an option need my work boots.

Is there any extension brackets/spacers that will work well in this case to get my feet up front more? I actually like the heel/toe shifting and would like to keep it if possible.
Arlen Ness makes replacement footboard brackets (in chrome or black) that will relocate your footboards 2" forward on your bagger. It will work fine with your engine guard, but not with with your fairing lowers, if your bike is so equipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts