V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Harley owner, 98 heritage with 27k on it.. I know Harleys vibrate more than other makes, but this seems extreem, makes feet numb in 10-15 miles, Not bad untill over 50 mph. Nothing bad in the handlebars, just the floorboards, I replaced the rubber inserts and not much help. I just don;t think this is normal or the bike would not have this many miles on it because you could not stand the ride. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ride a '96 Fatboy (softail like the Heritage) and an '06 BMW GS. The Fatboy vibrates a little more than the BMW and more so at 60-70. It gives a buzz in the floorboards but nothing to put my feet to sleep. I'm sure you've checked the floorboard brackets to insure they are snugly attached.

I don't remember if the Heritage has vibration dampers for the engine. The Fatboy does not and it's not a problem for me, however, I rode a Triumph twin back in the day so the Harley Evo seems darned smooth to me.

You may want to check your motor mounts. I've seen some threads on motor mounts in this forum so do a search.

How many miles have you put on it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I rode a trimph 750 and the vibs were no problem, I just replaced the floor board rubber , I don't know about the motor mounts? The bike has 27000 miles no it and just had a dealer 30K mile ck up and service. When I reach down and touch the motor there is not much vibs, but the floor boards are a different story. I might add it has no mufflers whic may not help the problem? Thanks !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts