V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 1999 FXDWG (95CI) as a bar hopper.

Have a Vivid Black FLHX, Carb, on order. Plan on putting 103Ci with ported HTCC heads, pistons, etc, prior to receiving it. I can't go back to a stock bike!

Look forward to learning a few things.

103FLHX:coffee:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Sounds like a fun project for sure. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
:welcome: We have tons of info for that 103 and we have members you won't forget! Thanks for sharing and keep us posted,

Carrie

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Nice cubes dude.......

Welcome to the iron jungle

Bunch of crazy, cool and dedicated bike people here who absolutely love their motorcycles for all the same reasons......GASP

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Welcome, I just picked up my street glide a week ago. Man I love it. You will like it here, there are a lot of great people here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
103cu" flhx

Traded my 03 night train in on a new street glide, vivid black with tour pack and 103cu" won't be in untill march, going to be a long winter!! anybody have any opinions on the differents between the 95cu" and the 103cu", iv riden the 95" but not the 103" iv heard there is a big difference between the 88" and the 95" but not a big difference between the 95" and the 103" any truth to this ??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bulldog2 said:
Traded my 03 night train in on a new street glide, vivid black with tour pack and 103cu" won't be in untill march, going to be a long winter!! anybody have any opinions on the differents between the 95cu" and the 103cu", iv riden the 95" but not the 103" iv heard there is a big difference between the 88" and the 95" but not a big difference between the 95" and the 103" any truth to this ??
My FXDWG has a 95 now (No headwork). I suspect a 103 is not a lot different without heads. The torque/Hp curves from HD show minimal differences. I am going 103 with ported heads, pistons, 45mm Carb, etc. The package I have picked out is reported to have 120 hp & 115 Tq at rear wheel, mostly because of the Heads, etc. I was considering going with the 95 & heads, but knew in a years time, I would never be satisfied. Anyway, I will give you the "seat of the pants" report in the spring!

-2$en#e-

PS. Thanks for the welcomes?prty:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts