V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a FLHX. I am 6'4". Seems to fit well in showroom#@SasF#

Anyone any experience in >6ft.ers? What did you do?

I am putting highway pegs, forward floorboard kit & 6.5 shield.

Any advice?

:bowdwn:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Should be no problem.
While i am only 5'10" i have no problem. My advice would be to ride it and see what bothers you. Most likely you will want a higher winshield, probably an 8 inch or so. They make floorboard extensions if wanted. I would also sit on friends seats and see what fits you best. I think if anything it will be a new shield in seat in order for you, so i would put them in the budget. good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TXCHOP said:
Should be no problem.
While i am only 5'10" i have no problem. My advice would be to ride it and see what bothers you. Most likely you will want a higher winshield, probably an 8 inch or so. They make floorboard extensions if wanted. I would also sit on friends seats and see what fits you best. I think if anything it will be a new shield in seat in order for you, so i would put them in the budget. good luck

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06 glider said:
Have an flhxi , am 6'3" have no problem with the windshield, guess its personal preference, but I like the wind.
How are your legs? stretched out enough?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Legs stretch no problem, do have a set of highway pegs though that I use quite a bit on the long runs, seem to have more room than my roadkingclassic had though. Love this bike. Finally got a shorter antenna from a auto store for $10 never lost any reception, just do not have to watch out for the whip hitting me in the face as I walk around it and drool, along with everyone else.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
06 glider said:
Legs stretch no problem, do have a set of highway pegs though that I use quite a bit on the long runs, seem to have more room than my roadkingclassic had though. Love this bike. Finally got a shorter antenna from a auto store for $10 never lost any reception, just do not have to watch out for the whip hitting me in the face as I walk around it and drool, along with everyone else.:D
Thanks!
:chopper:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 6'2" and ride a FLHTCI. One of the first things to start to bug me (which I didn't really notice on test rides) was that I felt like I was sitting on top of the gas tank (i.e way too close to the bars and too tall). I previously rode a Low Rider and always liked having a lower center of gravity; or put another way, I like sitting "in" the bike, not "on" the bike. First thing I did was get a Corbin solo seat w/ removable passenger pillion, and it made a huge difference. Much more room. I also got the 360 degree highway pegs and played with the adjustment until I had the optimum leg stretch.

I know that the FLHX has a slightly lower profile seat than the EG Classic stock seat, but the Corbin (or Mustang) may give you just that little extra bit of room between you and the fairing. Food for thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Forgot to add that I too have a Corbin dual touring seat on mine with a chrome ovalback moveable backrest, seems like the seat helped also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts