V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back when HD recalled the position of the mirrors in the first batch of FLHX's, my dealer informed me that HD was coming out with a new mirror with a larger base so that it would cover the old holes in the fairing without having to replace the fairing. Well, here it is the middle of March and these mirrors are still on backoreder accordning to the dealer. Does anyone have any information on these mirrors?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would go talk to the Service Dept again. The mirror recall kit part# is 94420 and is available to Dealers. The decal part# is 94416 and is also available. Neither are currently on back order.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It is my understanding that you have the right to demand that they replace the inner fairing. If you would do this the oversize kit would be a moot point.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Read the recall. If'n it were my scoot, they'd be replacing the inside fairing.
I mean they would have ALREADY REPLACED THE INSIDE FAIRING.
It certainly wasn't your fault some wing-nut from the MoCo drilled those holes in the wrong place.
Good place for wasps to enter and build nests............or they'll give you a piece of tape to cover the holes........hehehehehe.......yeah that's what I want on my brand new scoot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealer told me I had three choices, replace inner fairing, havelarger base mirrors to cover the old hole, or a decal or something to cover the hole. I demanded a new inner fairing and said for them to order the painted one and I would pay the diff and it was np. It is now at my dealer but I haven't got my bike out yet to take in for the change.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Better yet,have them put a regular inner on it,without the holes,and run stalk mounted mirrors,I think you would be happier. The fairing mounted ones are very disappointing to me.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I got the same choises tht 06 Streetgkide did but I didn't have to demand anything . They just said what ever you prefer we will do. I told them I wanted the new inner fairing becuse I wanted it to look perfect from the factory ,not like I had some patch job done. If your dealer wont replace the inner fairing , find a dealer that will. I don't know what the big deal is with your dealer. HD is paying for it.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
wvwayne said:
Better yet,have them put a regular inner on it,without the holes,and run stalk mounted mirrors,I think you would be happier. The fairing mounted ones are very disappointing to me.
One of the first thangs I did after delivery of my '03 Ultra was to sh*t can the 'stemmed' mirrors for fairing mounted. This was before all the brew-ha-ha
concerning the templates being made wrong (pre '06) and they were a real improvement. Besides that the bike has a 'cleaner' look. INMO I (myself) wouldn't go back the the 'stemmed'. To each his own tho.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts