V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 days after delivery I finally got a ride in. (no test ride before purchace) Temperature was 2c at start of ride -2c at end. 35k invested. 20 oz whiskey ingested (after ride)....negatives...mega vibration, trying to stay off rev limiter (first 50 miles), head buffeting, ....possitives....love the S&S Ovals, seating position, light feel, stereo when I can hear it.....need more testing

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Don't understand how you could have invested 35k when bike goes for 18k where did you put 17k into bike are we talking about same bike or did you buy the SEEG.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Canadian dollars which is at .86 of the American, stage I with S & S Ovals, SE air intake, reflash, chrome front end, detachable tourpak, cruise control, heated grips, siren for security system, assorted chrome bits (windshield molding, shifter linkage, digital dip stick), saddlebag and tourpak liners, cover, extended warranty, 15 hours shop time @82 per/hr and 7% sales tax. Base price for EFI, color and security system was $24,089 and I did stay well off the rev limiter. Love the bike, hate the snow, supposed to be more this weekend.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
driftercat said:
16 days after delivery I finally got a ride in. (no test ride before purchace) Temperature was 2c at start of ride -2c at end. 35k invested. 20 oz whiskey ingested (after ride)....negatives...mega vibration, trying to stay off rev limiter (first 50 miles), head buffeting, ....possitives....love the S&S Ovals, seating position, light feel, stereo when I can hear it.....need more testing

You say it vibrates? (Mega vibration) That's pretty unusual for an FL. That's the main thing about them. They are generally very smooth at anything above an idle. I'd have it looked at.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have 500km (300m) on the Street Glide now and vibration has totally smoothed out. Absolutely love this bike. Been pushing the rpm up as it breaks in. Makes very strong power and revs easily to 6000 rpm in the lower gears. Felt like there was lots more there. I was expecting to find a rev limiter at 5500. With a dealer re-flash does that change it and if so how high?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Just call me curious? Why you revving a stock motor especially a new one to redline? It will make a bunch of noise but it stops making power long before 6200.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Antonio Pendejo said:
Just call me curious? Why you revving a stock motor especially a new one to redline? It will make a bunch of noise but it stops making power long before 6200.
Also I think you're not suppose to go beyond 3000rpm during break-in. Which is the first 500 miles. Make be doing reliabilty damage later in the motors years. Everything has to properly seat before you can really nail it.

Patience....patience...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from riding, gets better every time out. Did my first oil change tonite at 300 miles, absolutely no sign of metal filings on the drain plug. I did expect to find a little bit, none should be a good sign. Next oil change will be at 1000 and will go to synthetic. The engine does pull strongly to 6000 with no flattening out. Maybe the Stage I helps with that, don't really know since I never rode it stock. As far as break-in goes I putt around most of the time but I do want a bike that performs well. Ride it like you stole it...not quite but you do need to seat the rings into the cylinders and thats not going to happen without getting after it once in a while.

103FLHX that 103 sounds like alot of fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts